Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers October 2008 (Read 632 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, George! You've trained hard and will do great. I don't know - I bet the adrenaline will do more for you than you realize. Even as a snail, I've been surprised at how MUCH faster my race pace has been than my training pace (well, don't look at my HM results, since they're not representative after my ankle problem). Your post is interesting - I'm glad you spit it all out! Big grin
      Good luck, George! You've trained hard and will do great. I don't know - I bet the adrenaline will do more for you than you realize. Even as a snail, I've been surprised at how MUCH faster my race pace has been than my training pace (well, don't look at my HM results, since they're not representative after my ankle problem). Your post is interesting - I'm glad you spit it all out! Big grin
      Thanks Teresa, and congrats on your run. I LOVE Portland BTW. Had a chance to get there for a day in June and made it to Gilbert's for lunch. Maine was second home growing up and still have relatives there. Lot of camping at Hermit Island on Casco Bay as a youngster. One of these days I'm gonna get the wife and 3 kiddies on the Portland Express out of Woburn, MA and spend a day. Hope your ankle is healing well!

IMKY13 finish!!

This post is a tad off topic here...but it sure seems like a lot of people from New England in this group. As a former Bostonian, I am happy that the Red Sox won last night. I know, it's still a long ways before the World Series...nbut another championship sure would be nice (after all those years of suffering..this is great) GO RED SOX!!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

George, if you can do 12.6 miles at 9/mile you can do 13.1; you have several good long runs recently. I would not try for the world record at your first effort at the distance, run comfortably hard and if you feel confident you can pick it up near the end, then do so. Enjoy your race! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

George, if you can do 12.6 miles at 9/mile you can do 13.1; you have several good long runs recently. I would not try for the world record at your first effort at the distance, run comfortably hard and if you feel confident you can pick it up near the end, then do so. Enjoy your race! Simon.
            Thanks Simon. I'm likely overanalyzing. I guess I'm an addict. When not running, I think about running Roll eyes. Thanks for the encouragement. And YESSS. Go Red Sox!!! Surprised me last night actually but I'll take it!

Prince of Fatness

George, if you can do 12.6 miles at 9/mile you can do 13.1
              I agree with this. You should be able to go sub 2. Probably the only way you don't do that is to go out too fast. Really pay attention to your pace early because adrenaline and the crowd will try to pull you along faster than you need to be going. If you think that you are going slow early you are probably on pace. I like the idea of going out at a 9:00 and adjusting depending on how you feel as the race progresses. Good luck.

Not at it at all. 

Double IPA Please!

Here.. Gearing up for my next race next month. 11/23

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Prince of Fatness

Here.. Gearing up for my next race next month. 11/23
                  I really think you should do a nice 10 mile tuneup 2 weeks out .... there's only one hill on the whole course.

Not at it at all. 

Double IPA Please!

I really think you should do a nice 10 mile tuneup 2 weeks out .... there's only one hill on the whole course.
                    *snicker* yea, but it's a realllly long hill Tongue When is that again?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Prince of Fatness

November 9.

Not at it at all. 

Did my last long run before the race today, 22kms., 2:01, in nice cool weather. I tried an experiment, first kilometer slow as a warmup, as usual, the next one fast, 5k pace or better, then back to normal long run pace the rest of the way. I wanted to find out what might happen if I did something stupid at the start of a race: not much happened except I felt a bit more tired than usual by the end, which I expected. Back in the spring I also tried running the last 5k as hard as I could, to see how fast I can run at the end of a half, never know when experience may help. Good runs to everyone! Simon.

Ran out of time for a race report this morning 2:26:54 chip time, 2:25:00 planned race time so I'm pretty pleased I'll add details later, Happy monday (except for sore quads) A

Recalculating...

Ran out of time for a race report this morning 2:26:54 chip time, 2:25:00 planned race time so I'm pretty pleased I'll add details later, Happy monday (except for sore quads) A
                            CONGRATULATIONS GIRL! VERY AWESOME EFFORT! can't wait for the full details! Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Race week! Sunday can't get here fast enough. I'm going to miss tonight's ballgame though. I was up until 1 am this morning so I'm exhausted and I didn't get to the gym, I HAVE to go tomorrow morning. And gotta get 4 easy miles in. Oh the sacrifices we make. If I stay up late and watch baseball, then I'll feel like crap come Sunday.

Congratulations Ayola! Well done in your race, under 2:30 is a great result! Simon.