Half Marathon Trainers

I can't wait! (Read 254 times)

Go Pre!

I ran my scheduled 8k easy last night. Well let me tell you, this was one of the easiest, yet fast runs that I have done yet. It's either the cooler weather or, all the training I have been doing, or the fact I studied the video footage from last weekends marathon winners. I ran what I felt was an easy pace, concentrated on good breathing (from the belly), good posture, longer strides with quick turnover. At the end of the run I realized I ran at almost my race pace with little or actually no fatigue. It is so nice to see improvements, both in performance and overall enjoyment. So... although at times I am 'dreading' the upcoming half marathon, I am now once again, really looking forward to it. That's my hump day good news story! Dave

Princess Cancer Pants

It's probably a little "all of the above." But isn't it AWESOME when everything clicks in a single run?! I LOVE that!!! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

I think the cool weather definately makes it easier to train harder. I have been noticing vast improvements in my time also lately. I just got back from running an 8 mile run at an 8:18 pace. By far my best for that distance. Well congrats on your run, and good luck in your upcoming half marathon! Big grin
        bas

I experienced the same thing. The weather was cooler this week, but still not cold. Running in the evenings is fantastic! Tonight I did an easy run and was amazed at my pace. It telt completely different compared to the same run last week. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Go Pre!

I couldn't imagine a hot mid-summer 90 degree weather marathon, such as some of the Olympics have been. OUCH! Shocked