Half Marathon Trainers

First Half!!! (Read 247 times)

I signed up for my first half at the end of October. I'm planning on doing the Columbus half marathon. Dad talked me into it so we will see how it goes. I just found this group and thought I would say HELLO!!! Happy Training!!! Big grin
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
      Welcome. Big grin Big grin Good to see you here. Come back often for info and motivation. Keep us posted on your progress. Good Luck...Remember to stretch and train properly, nothing messes up a first 1/2 like being injured..
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're gonna love it! I really like the half. Next year I hope to do a full marathon, but this year I have done a 25k, plan to do 2 HMs and have also completed a 10k, 15k, and 10mi. I really like the longer distances, but if I end up not liking 26.2 I can always come back to HMs and feel like I've accomplished something spectacular! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Well I figured it was about time I go from telling people what to run, to actually doing it myself. 2 summers ago I was training for some Triathlons when I hurt my back playing soccer and had two bulging discs that prevented me from swimming. I have done a few duathlons, and figured I would give this a try.
          "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC