Half Marathon Trainers

July (Read 20 times)

hog4life

I made a trip back to Arkansas to check on MIL, and all seems to be going ok. She is running into a bit of a delay on getting FIL's Social Security check swapped over to survivor benefits, but I guess that's normal from what I've been able to read up on.

I managed to get a 10.9 mile LR while here. This was my longest run in quite a while. I'll need to up my running a bit if I want to survive my fall halves.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

On Canada Day (July 01), I started C25K with my husband and 2 kids (9 year old daughter, 12 year old son). I don't think it's going to strain my other running, esp since 2 of the 3 days we plan to run are my lowest mileage (2 miler) days.

I cut my long run yesterday from 9 miles to 5. We had 1/2 inch of rain overnight so it was cloudy and 93% humidity. It felt like breathing in water. It was just ugly. I'm not loving losing a long run, but it was a slog. I need to find my focus and get stronger for my fall races.

Good job on the long run, HL! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

Made it back to Bama without incident! I went out this morning in between storms and got 5 miles. I wasn't really intending to...but the middle 3 were faster than the first and last. It sure seems like no matter how "easy" I try to make the miles, they seem to be faster??

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I struggle with pacing too. I guess that's why they say run mostly easy, sometimes hard. I did 5 this morning. I need to get doing some core work. I can run every day, no problem, but I can't seem to make myself strength train and I think that's part of my problem.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.