Half Marathon Trainers

June (Read 21 times)

hog4life

I started the month off with a Forrest Gump moment, end of the street, end of the subdivision, end of the town, out to the river, haha, 21.25 miles.

Lauren, I've decided not to do the plan. They will just take my work schedule and plug in the workouts. I should be able to do that as I did the same last year. If I end up bonking, then I'll reconsider for something in 2016.

ekat, if you are truly a "Half" type girl, you should really look at the 25k stuff, just a couple more miles and not any real change to training time.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran the RnR San Diego Marathon on Sunday, so I started the month with a rest day.  I might go out to run a bit tonight after Pilates class, but not rushing it.

Mitch, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Started the month out yesterday with 5 on the treadmill. Cold and rainy. I have actually seen a few snowflakes go by my office window today... Oh well all of the seedlings are in the kitchen until this clears up.

Happy tuesday, A

Recalculating...

an amazing likeness

Cold and rainy.

I'll say -- my run tonight will be at least 30F colder than last Tuesday's...ahhh...that's the way it goes living next to the cold north Atlantic in spring.

I'm tapering a bit this week heading into Sunday's Covered Bridges Half in Vermont. Coming off a strong training month in May with a bit over 200miles and a decent mix of workouts -- hoping to carry this into the race this weekend.

I joined a Tuesday night coached track group which starts next week, hoping to get some leg speed back and take a good shot a HM PR sometime this fall. No idea what-so-ever on what happens at these track sessions....it was an entry in the town's 'community services' summer listings...between the Zumba,  Pickle Ball, Balance for the Elderly...there it was "Track Group".

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Cyberic

Milktruck, I joined a group, coach led, on Wednesday evenings and we do speed work on a track. I like it. In the group there are maybe 5-6 guys about the same speed as me. When on some intervals I would lag behind, the fact that the others aren't pushes me.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Happy National Running Day!

This morning was my second day in a row of running at 6am. Humidity was 78%, yuck! Norma humidity here is between 35 and 40% so it's shocking for it to be so high, esp since it's been so dry. Usually I switch to early morning running sooner in the spring, but I'm getting there. I find I have so much more time when my run is finished before my kids get up.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

5 with Bella.

Morning tea and then getting out the door for 90 minutes about 8 miles for me but today I will take it nice and slow...

Aw Meg, it's pretty much 100% humidity here every morning, sometimes the fog burns off if it warms up, say in July and August ha! Love that Atlantic Ocean! On Monday I actually was dripping from my fingertips as I made my way through the mist. Vancouver of the East? But I love my morning runs,  nothing better than starting around dawn and arriving home to start a bright day.

I've started to walk home from the office, it's really helping with my sleep. Maybe one day that could turn into a second run of the day when I want to add miles.

happy Friday folks, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

6.2 on Friday, then 6.5 on Saturday morning followed by a 46 mile bike ride. Ended up with 42 on the week.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hot miles today.

I've decided that I'm going to use last year's half training plan which I should start in another week. Last year while I didn't have my best run at my goal race, I did PR my second half and recovery for all 3 halfs I ran (over 45 days total) was good. Based on that, I'm feeling okay about repeating the same plan. I tweaked a couple of things and I'm not opposed to tweaking it as I go through, but I feel good about having a plan. I'm hoping this is the year I break 2:20.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am taking some time off this week and only run twice.  Feel good so training for Chicago starts tomorrow.

Meg, good luck with the plan.  If it works, use it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

an amazing likeness

Ran just under 1:42 today at the Covered Bridges Half in Woodstock VT. Very odd day in everything except the race itself...a comedy of dead Garmin before, dead phone after, porta-potty challenges, the pacers messing up the starting area by all starting right up front, etc, etc.  But, the race itself was a gem of perfect weather (sunny, 50s warming to 60s), one of the best half marathon courses in New England, and gem of a pacing partner (total stranger) who was a metronome of splits.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work, MT! Smile

I had a lousy long run. I think the quicker miles in Friday's run (not intentional, but in a frustrated mood during that run) came out today because my legs were just dead. No spring. it was hot too. Planned for 8 miles, slogged for 6, but feeling better tonight. Tomorrow is another day. The bad runs help you recognize the really good ones.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, milktruck!  Solid job!

Morning!  I have 9 with 4 at HMP on the TM later today.  Half a day at work, yay.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yay for half day.

Forecast high today is 31*C or 88*F. Monday is a short run day, but I finished my run before 7am when it was still comfortable. Nothing like stupid heat for motivation. (Our normal high for mid-June is about 23*C or 73*F.)

DR, how much cross training do you do? I know I need to start doing more yoga again and it wouldn't hurt to add more strength training.

Half Fanatic #9292.