Half Marathon Trainers

Africa Trip Report (Read 246 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Was just checking in on things and saw your note and wanted to say hi and welcome back. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Did DS16 go as well? Is he doing the CC Junior Olympics? LPH

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, Larry, it's great to hear from you!! Sorry you're out of commission for the time being. Yes, DS16 and his team, the Lakers, will be going to the national meet this Saturday, in Virginia. I doubt they'll win, but they will be right up there. In NYC, they took the top 6 places (DS was happy to finish 4th). I looked online, and found a team in California whose average time was 16:25. The Lakers' average was 16:36. You never know, though! Thanks for checking in, and don't be a stranger!
          Well from experience going to these, not all of the kids from a team actually go to the nationals, so you're right, you never know and you never know who'll be sick, injured or just plain have a crappy day. Good Luck but must of all make sure he has fun with it. LPH
          Hi, Larry, it's great to hear from you!! Sorry you're out of commission for the time being. Yes, DS16 and his team, the Lakers, will be going to the national meet this Saturday, in Virginia. I doubt they'll win, but they will be right up there. In NYC, they took the top 6 places (DS was happy to finish 4th). I looked online, and found a team in California whose average time was 16:25. The Lakers' average was 16:36. You never know, though! Thanks for checking in, and don't be a stranger!

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"