Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - July 4th week (Read 16 times)

an amazing likeness

After a few weeks off for a lull in our calendar, it's time for another weekly Intrepid Racers!

The calender has steadily marched onward through June and into July and the racing this week features two 10K and one half marathon.

mhopee1 is looking to tango close to the 90-minute mark on a half in Minneapolis with a goal of 1:32.  Hope the mid-western heat wave doesn't get in the way, but a 630AM start might help.

buchy2009's 10K starts a day of festivals in downtown "Music City" with a two-loop 10K...sounds kind of fun to lap the 5K runners...

I'll be taking my 6th whack at the LL Bean 10K course...which seems to have every hill in just the wrong place, especially the hill of death at mile 4.5, just as you're starting to really struggle.  Hope to run a PB for the course.

Jul 4 buchy2009 Music City 10K 10K Nashville, TN
    Jul 4 mhopee1 Red, White & Boom! Twin Cities Half 13.1 mi Minneapolis, MN
    Jul 4 MilkTruck LL Bean 10K  10K Freeport, ME

Good luck, fleet feet and following winds to all our trainers and racers - have fun!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

And here's hoping the weather cooperates for you! Fleet feet,all!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Rondog65

Have a hilly and challenging 5 mile race on Sunday (7/07), looking to PR the course.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

redleaf

Enjoy your day everyone!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Zelanie

Good luck, racers!

an amazing likeness

I'll be taking my 6th whack at the LL Bean 10K course...which seems to have every hill in just the wrong place, especially the hill of death at mile 4.5, just as you're starting to really struggle.  Hope to run a PB for the course.

Not even close....ran my PW this course. The weather won with temps 20F warmer than they've been in recent weeks, it was a scorcher.

22:57 for the opening 5K, faded to 25:08 for the second 5K for a 48:39. Only consolation is the whole field was impacted and my finish placement was about the same as prior years.  But...2 weeks ago I ran a 10K 2:40 faster on an equally hilly course...ouch!

an amazing likeness

How'd it go ??? Report back!

Have a hilly and challenging 5 mile race on Sunday (7/07), looking to PR the course.

Zelanie

MilkTruck, +20 F from what you're used to?  Yikes!  Glad you finished and better luck next year!

Rondog65

I apologize that I forgot to report back:

I ran the hilly 5 miler race on Sunday July 7, knew it wasn’t good when the air temp was already 80 and climbing at 7:00.  It was almost 90 by race time, not a good thing.  Crowd support was excellent, people out along the course with hoses and added water stations.  2 runners transported to the hospital for heat related injuries, but they will be ok.  Had difficulty keeping my pace past the half way point and the up and down hills along the return did me in.  On the positive side of things I did PR the course (training over the past year is paying off) in spite of the conditions (who would have thought it would be hot, sunny, and humid in July).

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

an amazing likeness

Ahhh....there is nothing more life sucking than 5 miles of hills in heat and humidity. Did you end up with squishy, wet feet -- I hate that!

Way to tough it out!

I ran the hilly 5 miler race on Sunday July 7, knew it wasn’t good when the air temp was already 80 and climbing at 7:00.  It was almost 90 by race time, not a good thing.  Crowd support was excellent, people out along the course with hoses and added water stations.  2 runners transported to the hospital for heat related injuries, but they will be ok.  Had difficulty keeping my pace past the half way point and the up and down hills along the return did me in.  On the positive side of things I did PR the course (training over the past year is paying off) in spite of the conditions (who would have thought it would be hot, sunny, and humid in July).