Half Marathon Trainers

half marathon trainers - February '08 (Read 625 times)

wbertha

Here's our new thread for the month. Good luck to everyone...take advantage of the extra day this February to get in one more run. wbertha
    wbertha

January has come and gone and I'm still trying to remember to write 2008 instead of 2007. Looks like everyone did well with their mileage in January. Let's see how we do in February. I'm going to try to keep my mileage at about 90 for the month even with less days. My May half marathon will be here before I know it. Rest day for me today. Hoping for decent weather this weekend so that I can get outside for at least one run if not two. But at least our new thread is up for the month. wbertha
      wbertha

Did a three mile easy run today on the treadmill at the gym. Just couldn't face the wind chill outside. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Then did about 40 minutes of weights/core training. Good runs to all, wbertha
        ohanapecosh

Fairly good week. I got to run in San Diego on the beach on Tues - Weds which was just wonderful. 9 mile long run was today. It was hard, but manageable.
            Put 12 miles in today, my last long run of this distance before my first ever Half Marathon - Two weeks from today. Next Saturday will be about an 8 miler.
            "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
            My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com
              Saturday run, 17kms warmup at cruising speed followed by 4k tempo, last 4 in 5:16, 5:11,5:07 and 5:01 minutes. Quite pleased with myself till son pointed out at dinner that I need to get the first 17k down to 5 minutes. I suppose he is right if I want to run 1:45 in the half! Total 20.67 kms in 1:55. Cross training or short easy run today. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Saturday 6.2 miles easy paced. Sunday 8.1 miles easy pace then kicked it the last mile. Still got 12 weeks I want to pace myself and not peak too soon. Good luck Tim... Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Prince of Fatness

Nice running all. Today I ran in the Super Bowl 10K in Allentown, PA. The weather was perfect, low to mid 30s, sunny, no wind. I didn't know what to expect time-wise, but ended up with a 3 minute PR. I think I came in a hair under 45:30. Now this has me thinking sub 1:40 for the half in April.

Not at it at all. 

Sunday did 10.44 kms in 57:12, just under 9 minutes per mile, probably a bit too fast as I found it a fairly hard run. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Ringmaster

Wow, you guys are fast! I'm two weeks out from my half too. Did six easy on the treadmill today . . . getting to really hate that thing. I need to get myself some kind of alarm so I feel safer running outdoors. Karina

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

We ran 6 miles in 1:06:00 today. The temp was a wonderful 47. The surface was a very wet crushed limestone, made us go slow. We have a terrible habit of somewhat racing our runs, so I guess it was a good thing. So....if this was our first training 6 mile run and we ran it in 1:06:00 (in less than perfect conditions) we should be hopeful for my goal of finishing in < 2:30!>
                        Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>

Prince of Fatness

5.3 recovery miles this evening. I'm a little stiff from the 10K Sunday, but not too bad. Official time for the race was 45:20. I am very pleased.

Not at it at all. 

wbertha

Got to go outside and run on Sunday!!!! Yipee!!! did 6 miles...about the same path as last weekend but the weather was not as nice this Sunday and I still managed to finish almost 2 minutes faster (although given present company, I use faster very, very loosely). Well, it's official. I sent in my registration fee for the Fargo Half Marathon in May. Now I have to train. wbertha
                              Great job MrPhin Smile Marsha keep up the good work & you can do it.... Simon it feels soo goood to run fast once in a while doesn't? You probably caught some bug from your car Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

mattw1970

Injured

Nice running all. Today I ran in the Super Bowl 10K in Allentown, PA. The weather was perfect, low to mid 30s, sunny, no wind. I didn't know what to expect time-wise, but ended up with a 3 minute PR. I think I came in a hair under 45:30. Now this has me thinking sub 1:40 for the half in April.
                                Congrats on your race performance and new PR! I ran that race last year on the ice ( talk about a disaster of a race. Its amazing no one got hurt -- that I know of) You should definitely nail sub 1:40 in April. are you running the Lehigh Valley 1/2 ? If so, im doing that one as well. My best half time is around 1:34:30 on a much flatter course. im told the LV half is pretty hilly so we shall see.
                                INJURED