Half Marathon Trainers

half marathon trainers - February '08 (Read 625 times)

wbertha

Yeah, the cruise ship guy was something. Sure hope he had a lap counter. Did 5 miles tonight at the gym (hey, the wind chill is still below zero here). Split it up 2.5 on the track and 2.5 on the treadmill. Tim, sorry I missed your race report, I'm heading over to read it right now. wbertha
      Weather is pretty much uncooperative this month. We got through December and January pretty easily, but February is nasty. I have learned to dress for the mid to upper 20's and have run one time when it was 16 with gusts of 30 mph. Anyway, this is a "low" week. I have been on "dreadmill" for 3 miles Monday and 4 miles last night. Hoping to get two more 3 mile runs in between today and Saturday. There is a winter advisory starting this evening with snow, freezing rain from tonight thru Saturday, so I'll probably be on the "dreadmill" again, if I can even get out of my country lane to the highway to drive to the gym!!! Happy running all and spring is coming, I know it.
      Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>

Prince of Fatness

Your advice is always so good, MrPH--I'm sure glad you're around so I'm not out there hurting myself.
        Unfortunately I injured myself a year ago by over training. That's probably why I am vocal about taking it easy. Much of the advice I give is regurgitated advice from others on this and a couple of other message boards. So I think of it as returning a favor, I guess. Thank you for the kind words.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

7.5 easy this evening.

Not at it at all. 

Tempo run yesterday, 5 miles or 8 kms, in 41 minutes. First km was slow 5:33 as a warmup, next 6 around 5:08, final km 4:44. Hard effort but not quite race. Clearly more work to be done on sustaining speed over a distance. Good runs, everyone!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

wbertha

did 3 miles last night at the gym, half on the track and half on the treadmill. Then did core & weights. Very, very proud of DH this week. He made it to the gym 3 times. And that is really saying a lot as he has been on the disable list for over two years with 2 separate knee replacements and then tendon issues. Just hope he keeps it up. Saw that someone posted a "heat & humidity" question on the forum. While I am not a fan of running in extremely humid weather, I would certainly take a little heat and humidity over the sub-zero wind chills that we have been having here for weeks. Hope to be able to get outside once this weekend for a longish run. Tonight was a rest day for me. Good weekend runs to all, wbertha

Prince of Fatness

14.3 today, giving me about 38.5 for the week.

Not at it at all. 

jules2

First race in a year did 32.40 for 5 miles, came third in my age groupp ( 55 - 60 ) looking good for my half in Holland on the 15th

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

marflair

Holy cow Jules, you are FAST!! I would have to be doing my "flying" speed to do 3 miles in 32 min.! Great job to you and Simon. I did 7 miles outside today. Felt like I was "running" on a glacier for the first 2 in our neighborhood. Got better once I made my way to town. I braved the busier roads and took the shortest way through the subdivision back to our house. Mr. PH, that is alot of miles. That would take me about 15 hours of running! Bertha, we have more snow coming tomorrow - is it going to hit you too? Hi to everyone else. Mary
                    ohanapecosh

Nice race Jules! 9.5 mile long run this week. I took it slow and easy and felt pretty good. This week was also my highest mileage week in a very long time. Last week I went away for the weekend, and we did 8 miles on the beach in wonderful weather. In general, we've had fabulous weather in WA state over the last 8 or 9 days which has really helped my running.
                      wbertha

Just trilled...two days two runs OUTSIDE Shocked Did 8 slow but steady miles outside yesterday for my long run and then followed up today with 4 easy (slower) miles. Just feels so good to be back outside. Jules, you really are fast. I like wise would be pleased to do 3 miles in that amount of time. Ended this week with 24.5 miles. Starting to slowly build mileage for the May half marathon. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be a "wintry mix". Guess we could get all kinds of things like: rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow, etc. Makes you really appreciate a day like today when you can get outside. wbertha
                          Got 2 days outside this weekend too!! Today was longest run ever. 7 miles. Time of 1:17:43. So I guess that's a PR for the 7 mile distance, right? Scheduled to work 12 hr shift tomorrow so that's my "rest" day....not. Anyway I'm not doing any training runs tomorrow. A few aches and pains here and there now that I'm done. This old body is letting me hear about it. Did some stretching after the run, then RICE for awhile. Happy running all.
                          Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>

Prince of Fatness

First race in a year did 32.40 for 5 miles, came third in my age groupp ( 55 - 60 ) looking good for my half in Holland on the 15th
                            Nice!

Not at it at all. 

Finished the Hyannis Half Marathon today in 1:35:06. I ran some pretty even splits with my fastest mile 6:54 (mile 13) and slowest 7:25 (mile 1). I think the course has a messed up measurement because I came through mile 13 at the end of a 6:54 mile and was picking up the pace down a slight decline and finished the last 100 yds in a sprint. Either the marathon course is too short (by .04) or the half marathon is too long (by .04). In any case it was a good run. A PR by 11:20 for a HM race, but actually about 6 mins because I went through the half in 1:41:18 at Baystate last year. Mile Split Heart Rate 1 7:25 164 2 7:10 161 3 7:15 164 4 7:16 166 5 7:20 166 6 7:21 166 7 7:20 166 8 7:22 170 9 7:13 169 10 7:02 169 11 7:14 167 12 7:18 169 13 6:54 177 End 8:10 179 Nice day for a run. Clear, sunny and 31 with very little wind even near the ocean. Nice course as it is pretty flat with a couple small hills around mile 5 and 8, 9 and downhill from about 9.5 to 11.5. Some quick up and downs throughout the rest of the course. There were a lot more people out around the course this year. Oh, and a big FU to the guy who was burning leaves at the edge of his yard right at the 8 mile mark which is at the top of the only real hill on the course.
                              PRs 2 mile: 12:30 7/07 5k: 19:39 8/08 10k: 44:12 5/07 HalfM: 1:35:06 2/08 25k: 1:57:30 9/08 Mar: 3:19:07 10/08

jules2

jcaruso, nice run, if you can finish quicker than you started theres more there yet, whens your next run? is this the quickest half posted so far this year ? if so make the most of it I have you in my sights!

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.