Half Marathon Trainers

Happy 2019 Half Runners (Read 21 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Welcome to the new year! Have you got any races planned for this year?

I'm registered for Hypothermic Half in February.

Then I'm thinking YQR Vets Half Marathon and Gopher Attack Half marathon (both in April), Queen City Marathon Half and Flatlanders Half  in Sept and possibly Niagara Half Marathon in October. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

jeffdonahue

Hi everyone,

I joined this group last year but wasn't very active in it, so hoping to be more active this year.

I am 47 and live in Massachusetts (and wondering just how bad this snow storm is going to be this weekend and how much it will affect my mileage).

Right now, I am planning on running a Half Marathon in March - Malden Half Marathon.  This is the inaugural year for this half marathon and I've always wanted to have a race that I've run since its first year, so here's hoping.  I did two half marathons last year (1:45 in July and 1:47 in October) - been dealing with sciatic pain off and on for quite a few years now which tends to affect my training.  My goal for this half marathon is going to be 1:41:30 getting under that 8:00/mile pace.

Next Half marathon I am thinking about after that is the "Fast Half Marathon" in Hamilton, MA in May.

After that I typically do the Falmouth Road Race in August and then will do a Fall Half marathon in October/November but I havent picked that one yet.

Gorris317

Just started running after taking a few years off. Looking forward to getting back into shape and losing the weight that I have gained.

I registered for the Youngstown Half Marathon in October. Looking forward to completely my first half. I'm going to try a 12 week training plan this week and see how I feel at the end. If I feel like I have gained some of my fitness back I will run a half then.

an amazing likeness

After that I typically do the Falmouth Road Race in August and then will do a Fall Half marathon in October/November but I havent picked that one yet.

Jeff -- you should definitely check out the Seacoast Half in Portsmouth for your fall race. One of the best 1/2 mar courses in New England to my opinion, and a superbly run event overall.

I also highly recommend the White Mountain Milers' Half in North Conway.  Normally in late October, but I think I read they're moving it up to September to avoid the nasty October 35F & raining from the past couple years.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

QCM registration opened Feb 01. I won a free race entry so I opted to use that for the half marathon (score!) and then I only had to pay for the  5k races my daughter and I do that weekend! Awesome! (QCM is a flat, fast course and a BQ-certified course if anyone is looking for one. The Canadian dollar is in the tank which probably makes it a good deal for our American friends here.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

jeffdonahue

Right now, I am planning on running a Half Marathon in March - Malden Half Marathon.  This is the inaugural year for this half marathon and I've always wanted to have a race that I've run since its first year, so here's hoping.

I am so disappointed.  They just posted the route for this inaugural half marathon that I was pretty excited about doing (and have gotten in I think some decent training for) - partially because it was the first one, and also its in the next town over from me.  It is complete junk.  Turns out they decided on a 2.5 mile route that you have to run 5 times (then another small 0.6 loop somewhere).

It might not be bad if you were running this loop on some interesting course with nice views, but we're talking Malden, Massachusetts here.  Ive run those streets before and mentally I think it is going to suck by loop 3.

I might drop down and do the 5 miler (2 loops) instead.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Jeff, that does sound pretty repetitive. I get your frustration and disappointment.

Half Fanatic #9292.