Half Marathon Trainers

September Running? (Read 26 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Now we are into racing season again. Seems like fall is when it picks up again.

Next weekend is race weekend for me. Nervous and not sure how it will go. One foot is a bit sore. Feels like I've bruised right behind the ball of my foot (like toward my arch), but it doesn't bother me most of the time. Doesn't bother if I'm walking barefoot, but gets sore on the run sometimes early in a run and then goes away. Not liking that, but not concerned enough to quit. Wink Next weekend is a 5K with my daughter on Saturday and the half on Sunday. New challenge gives a medal for doing the 5K Saturday and any race on Sunday (10k, half, full or relay). So that's fun! Off now for long run and then shorter on Sunday. Usually I long run Sunday but this is mental training. Intentional tired legs on Sunday. Smile

Whats going on?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Hey Meg -- great weekend of racing there.  And that streak...goodness that's serious stuff. Massively impressive.

Andy

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks! Appreciated the workout comments! Smile

I'm not bouncing back like I'd like to post-race. Feeling mentally draggy.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

From the Internet.

Hey Meg -- great weekend of racing there.  And that streak...goodness that's serious stuff. Massively impressive.

Andy

I had to go check it out after that - wow!! That's a wildly impressive streak!

Quiet in here! I have been marathon training, and switched career paths (from academic lab science to teaching high school), and now I'm also assistant coaching both high school cross country at my school and my daughter's little kid soccer team in our hometown. So busy!! Hope everyone's doing well!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hey Lauren! This forum tends to cycle between busy and quiet. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm not sure I'll ever run a full marathon purely because I don't know that at my speed I would have the time to run enough training miles to do it. I've got a 10K this weekend; I ran the half at this race a couple of years ago, but opted ffor the 10 this time due to a crabby foot. Not painful and the discomfort doesn't increase on the run, but I wanted the decrease in mileage to see if whatever this is would go away. I'm wondering if I've bruised something, but I just have a spot near the ball of my foot on one side that gets sore sometimes.

Half Fanatic #9292.