Half Marathon Trainers

November = Cold (Read 27 times)

hog4life

My November started with a 10k PR of 51:34. And because it was a small race, I got first in my AG. I was hoping for sub 50, but coming off the tendinitis and no real speed work, I am very happy with the race. It was about 38 degrees with winds howling and a feels like temp of 26. My splits were decent too, not nearly as much fade as it felt like. 8:09, 8:07, 8:14, 8:14, 8:35,  8:23, 7:40.

I have another half next next weekend. Not sure I can race it, but would like to hold a smooth and consistent effort.

hog4life

Here's a couple of pics from the half last weekend while pushing TJ.

hog4life

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work. Smile

Today, I ran 5.1 miles in shorts and a long sleeved tech shirt. It was 11*C or 52*F with almost no wind, starting off sunny and clouding up during the run. We will get colder again, but it was an enjoyable run. Forecast is calling for a little cooler tomorrow (8*C or 46*F with light wind) which would make my planned 7 miler better. I'm hoping to not see a big drop off in mileage this month. I've never broken 80 miles in November and this year I want to break 100. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

redleaf

A short 5k for me - and colder than Meg! We got our first snow today (which got smiles and wonderment from Q and me and much derision from Toby. Harrumph) and by the time I got a chance to run this evening we got below 0c (about 28f; -2c)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Cyberic

Hi all,

Mitch, you are all beautiful in these pics.

Couldn't sleep. Thought I was waking up at 5:15, which wasn't bad, but turns out it was 4:15 because of the time change 

Oh well, I'll go out in a bit for a run. Temperature is 1C (38-39 F) but with a good wind and stronger gusts.

Mitch - wonderful race photos. Great team run.

Just to complete the Canadian report... I'm up, getting some tea and headed out for an hour (about 5 miles) 7*C kinda rainy. Yesterday same weather but more of a downpour so I hit the gym treadmill. Missed a workout this week (work related), so the result is 60-spin-60(gym)-60.

Happy 25 hour Sunday, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

10 miles today with Bella, now my legs are really sore.

Hi all just checking in. Crazy work and then vacation.  I did run on vacation. It was beautiful to run the waterfront in San Diego. Perfect running weather. Back home and to the gym. A little jet lag, but got in a couple of days. Now a week off since I cracked myself in the head with the tailgate of my jeep and had to get 2 staples Friday night ( happy Halloween). Hopefully back at it next week.

great running all. Great pics Mitch.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  My November started with a DNF at the NYCM on Sunday.  It was hard to breathe in 30mph winds with 50-70mph gusts, so I had an asthma attack too early in the race to recover and finish.  Meh.  I am fine with the decision but as usual, annoyed at my lungs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I  am out for at least a week due to a non running injury. I cracked my head on the tailgate of my jeep and it required a couple of staples. On top of that apparently I pulled or pinched something in the left side of my back and hip. didn't notice until Saturday night, probably because of the head thing Firday night. I thought it was getting better but today it seems worse. I am a hot mess and blame that on not being able to run or exercise. Please send me your healing vibes.

Damaris - You amde the best decisionfor you.  Those winds were brutal here in MA and I am sure in NY.  Glad you are okay.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sorry it wasn't the day you hoped for but it sounds like you were SMART! Take care of you and know the race will be there another year!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

redleaf

Not doing too bad so far for November:

November:

1st  - 5k run

2nd - (stomach issues so rest day)

3rd  - 2 hockey games

4th - yoga

5th - 3k run and then yoga boot camp. Run should be 5 km but I was gonna be really late for yoga so I hopped on the streetcar. I'll have to get up at 5 am not 5:20 for this to work.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

8 miles tonight with Bella in a light drizzle and 60 degrees. It felt so good that I wanted to keep going. I'll probably do 6 or 7 tomorrow, then rest day Friday. For Saturday's half, I'm going out at 9:00 pace and hanging with some friends, so we should have a good time. It looks like 38 degrees at start time.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

DR, are you racing today at Disney still?

The weather has been very windy, damp and cold lately so my week hasn't been the best. I'm getting my runs in although not necessarily the miles I had planned.

Half Fanatic #9292.