Half Marathon Trainers

1/2 Marathon Trainers, Week of Oct 25th (Read 1697 times)

Joe whatever you decide I will follow.   The other option is kickrunners....I think?

PR's Komen 5k Sept. 2009 21:11 Badgerland Striders HM Aug 2009 1:37 Boston Marathon  April 2011 3:29 BQ

cscmartin

hey everyone,

i found you guys, i vote trying this thread.  I havent been able to post for a few weeks now.

carmen

Carmen

I haven't run in 2 days....I guess a little forced rest isn't too bad.  Between the heat and humidity (still) and my kids it is hard to get my lazy butt out there.  I am really sick of the hot weather.  Low 80's is still too hot.

Teresa - I'll bet your daughter was proud of you, that sounds really cool.

Wendy-great job even in the rain.

Cyndi-let me in on the picture too, I am not sure how I missed it.  I have a picture uploaded but it doesn't show on the post.  Cool tatoo. My DD also needs to get going with those college applications.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.  I thought I would see all the posts to reply to, but it looks like I only have one page.  I will get the hang of it and get better with the shouts.  I am just a little too tired to figure it all out tonight.

Keep on running

Melody

chuck43

hey everyone, had a really good 6 mile run tonight. actually 6.40. I was going to do 8 today but had something come up so it was dark when I ran and my 8 mile cours don't have lights on about half a mile or so, didn't want to risk landing wrong and hurtting the knee. Ran a 9:03 pace and felt good. I got a half mile out and realised I forgot my strap for my knee but went on with out it and felt fine.

Doc I just scrolled down and read your posy, now I'm glad I didn't take my dark route!! Glad you didn't hurt yourself!

You can stuff your wet shoes with news papaer to dry them faster.

Misswendy, love the pictures of yall on FB, I left you a note telling you to go to the beach, looking a little Dead! Great 6!

hey Don welcome back!

Hey Macd, long time no see!!!

Got to go these wet clothes off of me, mine is not rain soaked but still humid!!

JeffRW

Terrible 3 miler of the TM last night.  Left shin hurt and legs felt like crap.  Just about quit @1.63 miles, but told myself to atleast get in 3.  Rest day today.  I really need to learn how to be patient with my training.

chuck - I have not been on boards for a while, what did you do to your knee?  Glad you are back running.

PR 5k 22:06 10K 46:45 1/2 1:57:11
            Kellytmj23

Made it....better late than never Smile

Today's Speed Intervals: @ 6:00-6:30 minute pace

2mile warm-up

2 x 800 (400)

2x 400 (200)

4 x 200 (100)

1 mile jog

Glad to see everyone has made the move to this new site Smile

Early to work in the morning - - - just wanted to check-in.

Never say never; because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion! 10.17.09, HM Cannonball Run, Greensboro NC, 1:45:12
              chuck43

Hey Jeff, between running to many hills and then doing leg press machine the day before hill w/o I got some tendon idus , doing good now.
                JoeInTX

Morning all!  Rest day over, gym workout today.  I don't think I had a chance to mention last week, but had to miss last Thursday.  Hmmm... maybe that's why my run on Saturday went well.   lol

Carmen - Glad you found us!  

Melody - Been kinda hot here too, it's 7:00am here, 80F with 88% humidity!  

Chuck - Good to hear, your knee seems to be doing well!  

JeffRW - I've had those type runs too.  I probably would have stopped and done some other cardio machine.  Hope your legs feel better.

Kellytmj23 - Glad you found us, thanks for checking in!  

Joe
                  Jubee13

I know that this will be very funny to those of you who chewed me out for not running on a day that it rained...but rain is forcast for my HM Saturday! My question is, what should I wear? I think it will be in the 50s and 60s during the race. Should I wear a throw-away rain jacket?

I am still holding out hope that it won't rain!

I am getting really nervous. I have done pretty well with my 10 milers, so I should be able to do the HM, but I am still nervous (and excited!).

If anyone has any words of wisdom, I'd love to hear them!

By the way-Cyndi-I love your tatoo. The characters are really beautiful.

Snowman-my nephew's time on the 5K was 24 something. He said it was his slowest time ever, but he thought it was the weather.

Happy running,

Juli

Juli - A throwaway raincoat would be good to start.  The wait for the start of the race will probably be the hardest part in the rain.  Once you start running you will be fine.  Trust your training and try to enjoy the race. 

Rick

Upcoming Events Current PR's 11/8/2009 - Luv 2 Run 5k 23:52 10/11/2009 BAA 1/2 Marathon 1:53:46 10/25/2009 - Canton Fall Clasic 10k 52:30

Gone all jock on y'all.

Good morning! Shoutouts later cuz - well just cuz.

I did 6.2 this morning, dark the whole way, with my petzl headlamp.  It ended up being part trail run as I had to divert my course around a flooded road.  That was interesting.

Anyhow, I'm pleased with the distance I can do without blinking - when only last Spring it killed me to run three.  Yay!!

I is runnink! Lil Rhody Runaround - 8 miles 11/22/09 Charlestown RI 2010 Aspirin' to: Cox 1/2 Marathon, Providence RI. Shad 10K trail race, Block Island, RI. More stuff, then AMICA full marathon October 2010! Ran a bunch this year, including my first 1/2 October 18th, 2009. Yay!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I didn't manage to post yesterday... I was pretty busy at work and got called into last minute meetings too!

Cycled to bootcamp yesterday with pumpkin in my bag... we basically used it like a medicine ball and did loads of strength work: curls, presses, lunges, squats, planks, pressups using it, burpies with pumpkin, twisting things... lots really! It was a good session - cycling back with pumpkin was somewhat harder and my back was hurting by the time I got home - all ok this morning though!

This morning I ran 7 miles with 4 at tempo - my legs are still tired, but I somehow managed to hold a 8:40 - 8:45 pace. My shins are doing good

Bobev  thanks for the welcome!

Lorie - Nice to have a running partner and great job on the killer hill!

Anj - Lol - rest... what's that??? Wink Great to push it in the classes

Rick - I love body pump... I am missing it because of bootcamp - at somepoint I will have to choose... bootcamp or gym... I will post more on that later as could do with some advice from everyone!!! Nice intervals! I would mix long and short ones... I tend to make the intervals longer the closer I get to race day!

Doc - Great row / strength / run / strength / run session! That sounds tiring! Lol on the scary run... i've been caught out with light too so I know what you mean! Barking mad... ha ha... I may start using lots of uk terms - we could have fun Wink

Joe - hope you had fun Fartlekking Smile Are you managing to keep your army in order???

Rebecca - Great job on the 20+ miles week! Good luck on the 5k... just think of this as a step back week with a little race thrown in for run Smile

Teacia - welcome to the group! Good luck with the ramp up, but make sure you don't do too much too soon... we don't want to hear you are injured Wink

Macd - Nice intervals! Hope the hamstrings are ok!

Snowman - biking is not part of a rest day Wink have you picked out a plan for your marathon training?

Jeanette - love your profile pic!!! hope the recovery is foing well... spicegeek can probably give you some exercise advice!

Cyndi - Sounds like Spice is in your head and keeping you going Wink that's the great thing about our group! good luck with the KB routine... is it easy? Love the tattoo!

VixiDu - thanks for the welcome! Great job on the intervals!

Newjogger1 - hope you are feeling better!

Chuck - great to hear the doc is telling you to run... we agree... run, run!!! Big grin Looking forward to seeing you back into full marathon training!

Teresa -  Great job on the parents race!

Misswendy - 14 miles as a mid week run in week 2 of training??? you are mad!!! Smile what is the long run this week?

Meg - good luck with the 5k... not sure about costume... something where you wont get too hot though?

Ezec - nice hilly 6.25!

Jenny - lol on the 'fitness room'... at least you can still run! Can you get out in the local area for the run? Pumpkin workout was fun... we have another tomorrow... hope it's not too squidgy by then Smile

Rob - hope the non-running is going ok! Can you do cross training?

Betty - nice pace for the 3 miles!

Juli - Hope the HM goes well... just remember it is not a race for you Wink Good luck tho anyway Big grin On what to wear... I guess it depends how much rain and how cold? I'd be tempted to just get wet!

Simon - nice to see you!

Larry - thanks for the Who Am I thread... I will stop in when I get a chance!

Jay - Nice trail run! Sounds like fun...

Runjr - glad to see we didn't loose you anywhere!!!

Carmen - nice to have you back!!!

Melody - We can let you off a couple of days running... now get out there Wink

Jeff - hope the shins are ok? Maybe look into some strength exercises - I have been doing them for a while and it seems to have helped!

Kelly - glad you made it! fantastic speed work!

Think i'm caught up so gotta get me a cup of tea and get back to work!!!

Happy running all
                          Cara x

29/04/2012 Milton Keynes Marathon: 3:42:06

21/02/2010 Sussex Beacon Half Marathon: 1:51:30

redleaf

I know that this will be very funny to those of you who chewed me out for not running on a day that it rained...but rain is forcast for my HM Saturday! My question is, what should I wear? I think it will be in the 50s and 60s during the race. Should I wear a throw-away rain jacket?

I am still holding out hope that it won't rain!

I am getting really nervous. I have done pretty well with my 10 milers, so I should be able to do the HM, but I am still nervous (and excited!).

If anyone has any words of wisdom, I'd love to hear them!

By the way-Cyndi-I love your tatoo. The characters are really beautiful.

Snowman-my nephew's time on the 5K was 24 something. He said it was his slowest time ever, but he thought it was the weather.

Happy running,

Juli

Hope no one minds me jumping in here. I just wanted to wish you luck on your half! Is it your first? I love that nervous/excited feeling. I ran my first in May - my next is planned for next May but I'm hoping to do at least 2 or 3 next year Big grin

**hoping it won't rain Saturday where you are running if that makes it easier for you***

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Gone all jock on y'all.

Juli

I had the same temps as you for my first half - rain and wind and ugh! Nasty.  But I was comfortable, and dry, and so maybe I can help.  Here's what I wore:

head:  A buff (wicking scarf thing) with a ball cap on top.

torso:  a wicking tank, a wicking t on top, an under-armor long sleeved lightweight shirt on top of that, and my very light Pearl Izumi windbreaker.  The rain could not get through those layers.  The PI jacket got wet but the UU shirt stayed dry, and best, it all breathed.

bottom:  under armor tights with shorts on top.

hands: fingerless polarfleece gloves.  They ended up coming off at mile 6, back on at mile nine.  I'm glad I had them.

feet:  wicking ped socks, a pair of smartwool socks over that, then shoes.  I was worried it would be too much, but it was perfect, it breathed, dried fast (ran through puddles) and stayed WARM.

Hope that helps!

I is runnink! Lil Rhody Runaround - 8 miles 11/22/09 Charlestown RI 2010 Aspirin' to: Cox 1/2 Marathon, Providence RI. Shad 10K trail race, Block Island, RI. More stuff, then AMICA full marathon October 2010! Ran a bunch this year, including my first 1/2 October 18th, 2009. Yay!
                              Kellytmj23

Here is a pic from my HM....coming down the home-stretch!

(Just learning how to post a pic on a forum....guess I did it correctly)

Pic from my HM

Never say never; because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion! 10.17.09, HM Cannonball Run, Greensboro NC, 1:45:12