Half Marathon Trainers

1/2 Marathon Trainers, Week of Oct 25th (Read 1697 times)

Kellytmj23

Today is my rest day...and my sore muscles are thankful Smile

Work-Related Training all day...then Teaching in the evening.

CARA: Just a quick note... Maybe you should have turned that pumpkin into a Jack-o-Latern for the ride home...

lighten the load up a tad Smile lol

Never say never; because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion! 10.17.09, HM Cannonball Run, Greensboro NC, 1:45:12

Pizza and Beer 10k.  The sad thing is that this was the "best" picture from my race on Sunday.

Chris Pearson

Upcoming Events Current PR's 11/8/2009 - Luv 2 Run 5k 23:52 10/11/2009 BAA 1/2 Marathon 1:53:46 10/25/2009 - Canton Fall Clasic 10k 52:30
      JoeInTX

Hey gang, just popping in at lunch....

Juli - Tsk, tsk....          ...only Words of Wisdom which come to my mind are Let It Be! 

Anj - Good 10k run! 

Cara - Going to make pumpkin pie out of it  that pumkon now?      

Redleaf - We don't mind, not at all!  Hope you hang around!    BTW, you mentioned May again, is it going to be the same race?  

Kellytmj23 - Great photo!  

Rick - Looks like you've got the keg in your sights!  

Joe

jayazusa

Good Morning All,

I went out today to see what I could do 10K in so I  did an out and back course 5K each way, felt good trying to get ready for a 10K next weekend.  Only problem today was the temperature it was 42° when I started out, had compression shorts and shirt with shorts and running shirt over it, wow my arms were tingling for the first 2 miles but once got into my grove warmed up and even took off the running shirt for the last 1.5 miles.  

misswendy - great job on the 14 miles, and nine of them in the rain I guess I should not complain about 42°.

megmcc - great time on the 3.5 miles, good luck with the foam roller and the tennis ball, runners world had a good article on post run yoga stretch I have been using and it helps my IT band allot, take a look at it. 

Jenny - Good luck with the treadmill I guess it beats the options there, as far as the 8 mile run I would push that till sunday maybe I really don't like it when things mess up my schedule but go with the flow it will all work out.

rnwalker7 - Sorry to hear you are on the DL, I know that would drive me crazy.  Heal fast and stronger.

Joe - First and foremost thanks for all that you do to keep this group going I for one really appreciate it.  Good news we are going thru a cold snap here so you should be getting a real good cool down over the weekend, enjoy.

Juli - Great discussion on running the half, I am sure that when you get to 11 miles running, you will think it is only 2 more and be able to push thru.  I hope that you don't get rain but it is always a good option for the throw away rain coat or I have read a garbage bag makes a good rain poncho.  Good luck and I can't wait to hear the outcome.

Rebecca - great job on the 4.5 miles, I hear you on the cold thing, I have run thru an AZ summer and now down to 42° but I think I prefer the 60's for a run but I guess we cant set the temps we want when we run.

Macd - Thanks for the pointer on the log settings, I opened then up to all.  I think the logging is amazing on this site very detailed it is the best single site I have seen for tracing my runs.

Doc - Thanks for the confidence booster always helps.  Be careful in the dark, I am getting up later and still dark but by the time I start the trail portion of my run the sun is up enough to see the ground.

jimmysbaby - where do you live that it is still 82°, and be careful what you wish for, I was just thinking 70's was hot an now i get 42°.  

CaraH - Maybe a silly question but what is boot camp?  I guess a pumpkin is as good a work out tool as anything.

Kellytmj23 & rfb67 - Great Pictures, I always look sad and hopeless in photos when I run, I guess I need to work on a mean look or a good intense stare.

Have a great day all !!

Jay

Upcoming events:

• 4/3/2011 - Marquee Olympic Triathlon
          • 5/7/2011 - Rio Salado Olympic Triathlon

Completed:

• 3/5/2011 - Run for Ryan House Half Marathon 1:50:43
          • 1/16/2011 - PF Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon 1:57:48
          • 12/5/2010 - Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon 1:59:19
          • 11/7/2010 - Amica International Triathlon - Finished 2:50:16
          • 10/9/2010 - Prospector Olympic Triathlon - Finished 2:48:25

Gone all jock on y'all.

Not to be a noodge, but when I saw hundreds of people throwing garbage bags on the ground within the first mile of my half, I was really kinda disgusted.
            I is runnink! Lil Rhody Runaround - 8 miles 11/22/09 Charlestown RI 2010 Aspirin' to: Cox 1/2 Marathon, Providence RI. Shad 10K trail race, Block Island, RI. More stuff, then AMICA full marathon October 2010! Ran a bunch this year, including my first 1/2 October 18th, 2009. Yay!
              hi all, back at home is nice  I have another business trip nexdt week but that is the true taper week.  No running today but 7 tomorrow.  

jennyhill - sounds like you are running well.

joe - this sure is east to post here.  Who do the cowboys play?  For us Favre returns to Green Bay.

snowman - phenomoinal race!  Way to run. Now that was a smart race.

doc - glad you found your emoticons

lorie - I'm with you and will follow the group.  Yanks lost yesterday I bet you are happy.

macd - I am so ready for Indy.  I should send you a message with my number to catch up at the race.

miswendy - stay safe under the lights.  I always wear lights.  14 miles mideweek? I am so proud.

rick - great lesson with the pizza and beer.  My pictures are always bad from races.

jay - I too have a running problem, I just talk about it too much.

juli - another 10?  Great running.  Make sure you have some type of baseball style hat (that can breathe)to keep the rain our of you eyes.

ezec - wonderful race!

lisa - great race and congrats!

rob - hope that hip is doing better?  

cara - I agree with you on the active site.  It is so frustrating with all the down time and I don't owe active site anything I owe all my running friends on the site everything.  I will go with the group not because of the site but because of the people. 

rebecca - nice week of running.

melody - still hot and humid?

chuck - sounds like you are getting some good running in.

kelly - nice picture.  I love the speed intervals as well.  

jeff - be patient.

take care all. 

PR's Komen 5k Sept. 2009 21:11 Badgerland Striders HM Aug 2009 1:37 Boston Marathon  April 2011 3:29 BQ

hey yall

6 miles with speedwork this morning. 10X100's averaging 6:30 pace on each . 2 were at 6:00. the fastest ones ever.

rick...your interval work sounds like a good start. if you can look around and read up, you might find a plan that gives y ou something concrete to go for when you incorporate speedwork.

simon...open logs are great, i think that would help us learn about each other. i tend to forget what everyone does from day to day. however, i am back to the old fashioned paper log on b/c i got tired of trying out new logs on line and i missed the CR log.

jay...cool to get to run on a trail! i wish we had more here close by.

macd...great intervals and good feelings are always coming after yoga...ahhh....my son is going as wolverine. my daughter was a zombie beach girl for our trunk or treat at church wed and i dont know what she will come up with for the weekend! my foot is doing well, but still needs a lot of maintenance

doc...no 5k PR for me last week. i was 25 sec or so too slow. went out too fast as usual

runjr...carmen....hey!

melody...it was hot today here too, very humid again.

chuck...great job on 6. i'm always looking forward to the next beach trip

jeff...good job hangin in there, but be careful

kelly....great intervals! sexy runner legs! lol

joe...a little rest could be good, huh?

juli...dont overdress for the rain, and whatever you wear over your shirt/bra make sure it is throwaway. good luck and dont stress over the weather. you will make it to the finish line wet or dry!

anj...i love the quote under your pic, i will like steal it and use it somewhere! ha! good job on the dark and adapting to the conditions

cara...great xtraining! 14 was the long run. i make tues or thurs my longest run b/c of family schedules. i will run mid week runs on fri or sat. and yes, i am mad!!!

redleaf...you are always welcome here

rick....your prerace meal is evident in your expression! lol!

joe...you and those emothingys!

jay...good job in the cool temps.

runjr...so taper week. i am so excited! you are so ready for the bq. you are going to exceed your expectations and run a strong race to the finish! wooohooo! cant wait to hear the results...

love to all

anj...ususally race volunteers are ready to clean up after runners. it is a bit disconcerting to just litter, tho!
                  redleaf

Hey gang, just popping in at lunch....

Redleaf - We don't mind, not at all!  Hope you hang around!    BTW, you mentioned May again, is it going to be the same race?  

Thanks - yep it was the first Toronto Women's Half Marathon. I really wasn't ready for it having spent a few weeks on the DL thanks to a messed up knee and ankle. I did it in 2:47:30 and this year I am aiming for a 2:15 finish. A big jump but I figure if I aim high and miss by a little I'll still do a huge improvement over the 2009. I found a long slow training program (great fit for me) that I will start mid-December. Until then I am doing a 10km clinic with a friend.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Gone all jock on y'all.

anj...ususally race volunteers are ready to clean up after runners. it is a bit disconcerting to just litter, tho!

Yeah, but what do they do with all of those garbage bags? You certainly can't re-use them, they have holes in them! So they just go to the landfill?

Better to "litter" with a garment to donate to the thrift store than with garbage bags.  I actually found it so discouraging it made me want to not run another race.  We have a real issue with garbage in RI (our landfill is set to close in a few years) and so it is doubly discouraging when you see all of those bags (and space blankets - who besides me folds those up and re-uses them in camping kits or car kits?) and water bottles... don't get me started... Wink

I also found that running in layers was probably more efficient than running with a rain jacket or poncho or garbage bag.  Less billowing, more breatheable, and more efficient insulating.

I is runnink! Lil Rhody Runaround - 8 miles 11/22/09 Charlestown RI 2010 Aspirin' to: Cox 1/2 Marathon, Providence RI. Shad 10K trail race, Block Island, RI. More stuff, then AMICA full marathon October 2010! Ran a bunch this year, including my first 1/2 October 18th, 2009. Yay!
                      macd

Indy Half Marathon

anj, I'm with you on the garbage bags and other litter... much better to cast off something that can be donated and reused. Besides, garbage bags don't breathe at all... I'd be as wet from perspiration inside as I was from rain outside.

runjr, I like the new family pic!

wendy, excellent pace on those intervals - wow!!

Short run for me this a.m. and I am kinda bummed that they've moved rain back into our forecast for the next 3 days, but it could be worse. This is me trying to be an optimist.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Beautiful weather in Maine today - 48 degrees and sunny.  Since I've been taking a little break, each run feels very fresh.  3.3 miles went by quicker than usual.  Now I have to start building up my miles again!

I like the photos!  Maybe everybody just hates to look at their own picture?

Snowman

Just dropping in for a quick sec.  Running group is going amazingly well!  I have a 6th grader who is running 8:00mm for 30 minutes.  Some kids who never ran before are running 12:00mm for 30 minutes.  Its so impressive to see these kids get better every single meeting.  Very gifted kids!

Rick - DUDE!!!  That picture is great!!!  Shows some real intensity!  Just don't tell me that's the starting line. 

Thank you everyone about my Half Marathon!  It was a great experience thanks to the wisdom and support from all of you!

Working on the cd still.  Have to make sure we still have everyone for it as we keep trickeling over. 

Thanks for everyone who's finding me on Facebook!  Its great seeing all of you!

I will outrun the storm and run faster than horses

Snowman

Here's the link to my Half Marathon Pictures on Mackinac Island.

http://www.backprint.com/view_user_event.asp?PID=bp%18yG&EVENTID=57943&PWD=&BIB=2

The legendary Pinky is in some pictures but they usually tried cropping her out.  She's Bib 718.

I will outrun the storm and run faster than horses

In CLT waiting on my airplane. Just a quick post because I have no shouts prepared:

Snowman - Love the pics!! Especially the ones where the guy in the red shirt is looking over like "WTF"!!!

Kelly & Rick - Great pics too!!

Joe - love, love, LOVE the army emoticon!!! I'm sitting in the US Air Club and laughed out loud. Had lots of folks looking at me funny.

Great runs everybody! Will catch up soon.