Half Marathon Trainers

1/2 Marathon Trainers, Week of Oct 25th (Read 1697 times)

JoeInTX

Betty - Good luck in your training!  And glad you decided to make the move here! 

Joe

macd

Indy Half Marathon

it is the Moore Half in NY... Smile   can't wait.  LOL....   

Berry

hey Betty - spicegeek is pacing Cyndi in that one... I'm thinking I should do that. Maybe we could get a whole group of women together for it?!

JoeInTX

test

JoeInTX

looks like it will however post in the body of the message (if you toggle on HTML).   Don't know if there is a way to turn HTML on in the signature section.

Snowman

Nice job Joe!!!

I saw that one post where someone said you can't put a ticker signature on here.

I will outrun the storm and run faster than horses

JoeInTX

Yes when I saw they pointed out "signature" it occurred to me, maybe its just in the sig where it won't work!

hope Cara sees this tomorrow!  

Snowman

That's what I figured when reading what HTML codes were allowed in the signature.  They allow you to embed but it not quite the right coding to put the ticker on there.  I'll see if I can write a cheat code for it but I doubt it'll work with the restrictions they have on HTML signatures.

Snowman

So it def won't work.  They don't allow an image insert code so you def found the only way to put a ticker on your post.  KUDOS!

JoeInTX

Snowman - Thanks for checking it out for us. 

Gone all jock on y'all.

testing for pic...

Thanks for the help by the way.

Oh, and I ran three instead of four at lunch.  I'll have to make it up at Pilates tonight.

I is runnink! Lil Rhody Runaround - 8 miles 11/22/09 Charlestown RI 2010 Aspirin' to: Cox 1/2 Marathon, Providence RI. Shad 10K trail race, Block Island, RI. More stuff, then AMICA full marathon October 2010! Ran a bunch this year, including my first 1/2 October 18th, 2009. Yay!
                      JoeInTX

Anj - Very cool photo, and with a caption too! 
                        runlongrunfast

hey Betty - spicegeek is pacing Cyndi in that one... I'm thinking I should do that. Maybe we could get a whole group of women together for it?!

That Would Be Cool.   My husband has two of his clients running also!  I would love to meet up with you all.  Smile 

newjogger1

Thanks for helping me find my way over here.  I really find this group informative and inspirational!

So I've been sick since Friday and haven't been able to run or workout at all.  I'm getting worried since I've missed another long run, and my half is in 26 days (Nov 22).  So I guess I'll try an 11 mile run this Sunday then a 12 mile run the next Sunday.  My training program says I should run 11 miles the Sunday before the half (total of 28 miles that week), but it seems like people are advising me to taper instead.  Are you just supposed to taper the week of the half (which is on a Sunday) or the week before, too?

Jenny Hill- I’m hoping to finish by 2:30 as well. 

Snowman- Congratulations!  Sounds like a great race!

jayazusa

Snowman - Congratulations on your finish, great job, Someday I aspire to be like you finishing in 1:30's and walking around, My current state I am hoping to cross the finish line, work on speed later.  Great job picking off people at the end.

Joe - Thanks again on getting us setup over here, it is great to be able to post when you want to.  

Last week, I completed 32.5 Miles running, with a long run of 10.25 on Saturday in 1:47 I am happy with that for now.  Some days I feel like I need to stand up and say "Hello my name is Jay and I have a Running Problem", I say that because prior to July 1st I had never run before, actually did anything to avoid it and now I am running 5 days a week.

Thanks to everyone for the support,

Jay     

Upcoming events:

• 4/3/2011 - Marquee Olympic Triathlon
                              • 5/7/2011 - Rio Salado Olympic Triathlon

Completed:

• 3/5/2011 - Run for Ryan House Half Marathon 1:50:43
                              • 1/16/2011 - PF Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon 1:57:48
                              • 12/5/2010 - Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon 1:59:19
                              • 11/7/2010 - Amica International Triathlon - Finished 2:50:16
                              • 10/9/2010 - Prospector Olympic Triathlon - Finished 2:48:25
                              Jubee13

Hello, everyone! I hope everyone from Active makes it over here.

Yesterday I had my second 10 miler. I menioned on the other thread that my ankle twisted and was hurting, but it's a lot better.

I'll be running tomorrow, possibly IN THE RAIN! It's supposed to rain and this time, I will be out there!

What I usually do is run three miles on Tuesday and run speed intervals. Should I just be putting in miles? I want to fnish my HM in December without pain and agony. I run 3 Tuesday (with speed), 6 Wednesday, 6 Friday, then long runs are Sunday. The plan I am using (from rookiemarathon.com) doesn't have speed work. I added that on Tuesday because I run by myself that day and have to be at work early. I thought about stopping the speedwork as the HM gets closer and adding more miles that day instead. Thoughts?

Cyndi- I bet your tat looks great! I love what it symbolizes! Glad you got a translation.

Snowman-loved your race report! My nephew ran a 5K in the Lansing area and said the weather was awful.

Hope everyone has great runs this week!

Juli