Half Marathon Trainers

treadmill running (Read 368 times)

KathyW

I did my 10 mile run on a treadmill today - it was a flat run, but I set the slope of the treadmill to 1% because I read somewhere that the treadmill needs to be at 1% or else you're running downhill. Is this correct? Does everyone set the treadmill to 1% when they want to do a flat run? Confused
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

I did my 10 mile run on a treadmill today - it was a flat run, but I set the slope of the treadmill to 1% because I read somewhere that the treadmill needs to be at 1% or else you're running downhill. Is this correct? Does everyone set the treadmill to 1% when they want to do a flat run? Confused
      Yes, I've read that several places. Blaine (RuntoWin) has a website (RuntoWin.com, of course) and he has posted that info there. I tried it the other day and it certainly felt flat, lol. Teresa
        I've also read that the 1% relieves pressure off the tendon in front of the knee. Also it makes up for the fact that you don't have to cut thru the air. I did a 10miler on the tread mill once, I think the TV made it possible.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

wbertha

Congratulations! I have never made it further than 7 on the mill. wbertha
          KathyW

Thanks everyone - I'll continue to run at 1% for flat treadmill runs. 10 miles was tough on the treadmill - boring, but it was raining hard outside and I rather the treadmill than running in heavy rain. Listening to podcasts while running on the treadmill helps.