Half Marathon Trainers

half marathon trainers - Week of Dec. 30 (Read 261 times)

marflair

Len, I took your suggestion and started a post here. We are some CR half marathoners who are looking for a new home. I love the training log that RA offers and was so glad to move my stats from CR over. Bertha, thanks for the info on Green Bay. I think I am doing that 5K in Madison also - the St. Paddy's one? A group from my dh's middle school are planning on doing it. Hope others join us here. Mary
      Welcome, Mary! Hope you guys are liking your new home!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

dork.major dork.

I was active on the CR thread back in the fall and then fell off the bandwagon after my race... but I'm here now and looking forward to this year's races.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Len

Damn Yankee

This week has been a little lame for me. It's a cutback week, only 10 miles so far (4 in 2008). I increased my mileage a little too quickly so I'm backing off a bit this week. My current work schedule isn't helping either 7p-7a, but that is over next Thursday. Good luck to everyone, I hope everyone's training is going well.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

wbertha

marflair, thanks for starting the thread. What to do it each week? imogene, welcome. I remember you from the CR website. Bonkin, thanks for the welcome and yes, we do feel at home. Simon, sounds like you and I may have been in the same half marathon. I did Toronto on Sept. 30th. Were you there? Rest day for me today. Need to get up early and get to the gym tomorrow morning. Funny how early, early seems on a Saturday when in fact it is later than I get up during the work week. Have to get my work out in before a family commitment. How far I run tomorrow will depend on the time I get to the gym. TGIF, wbertha
            marflair

Hi all, It is warming up here so hope to get a run outside soon when the ice melts. I think I need to invest in some Yak Trax. Bertha, I can't commit to starting the thread every week - I work 12 hour nights and can't always get on the computer at work. Hopefully someone will get us started each week. Monnik, I saw the active thread that you went to the caucuses this week. What fun! I was listening to some of them on the radio. mary
                Hi Everybody I'm training for half at Flying Pig (Cincinnati) May 4th, 16 weeks to go and right on schedule. Due to hip problems my last several half's have been a little over 2 hours. I used to run 1:40 half so with age adjustment I'm training for 1:52 at the Pig.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Prince of Fatness

Just finished this week off. 34 miles, including 12.5 today. I am running the Lehigh Valley half the end of April. The plan is to maintain a 35 mpw base through Jan, then be over 40 mpw by March. For now I am not doing much if any speed work. i'll start working that in some time in March.'

Not at it at all.