Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid racer March 22 (Read 15 times)

redleaf

Hope you had a great run buckindb! A stellar one in fact. Today is WIlliam Shatner's birthday - he played Captain Kirk on Star Trek Smile

March 22, 2014 buckindb Papa John's 10 miler 10 miles Louisville, KY <1:45  

Louisville Triple Crown of Running leg #3

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Zelanie

We also have Docket_Rocket headed to the starting line already this weekend, pacing for Mr. Rocket in his HM:

arch 22, 2014 buckindb Papa John's 10 miler 10 miles Louisville, KY <1:45   Louisville Triple Crown of Running leg #3
      March 23, 2014 Docket_Rocket Puerto Rico Half Marathon 13.1 miles San Juan, PR <3:00   pacing hubby

I hope that buckin's triple crown series has gone well for him, and that D has a great race!

buckindb

Thanks redleaf and Zelanie!

The Papa John's 10-Miler was the third, and final, leg of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running.  This was my first time running the 10-Miler, I had to miss last year since I was at the Final Four in Atlanta to see the Cardinals win the National Championship! Here's to hoping for a back-to-back Championship this year!

I absolutely loved this race!  It's an out-and-back, and the majority of the race is flat and wide open.  The turn around occurs in Iroquois Park, which is known (even by non-runners) for it's hills.  I managed the hills well, I feel.  The best part about this race?  It finishes on the 50 yard line of Papa John's Cardinal Stadium!  After 9+ miles of pounding pavement it felt awesome to run a lap on the Field Turf inside the stadium ;-)

My goal was to finish under 1:45:00.  I finished 1:43:05!

Overall, I really enjoyed the Triple Crown this year.  I set a PR in both the 5K, and the 10K, and set a good base for next year in the 10-Miler.

I now have 4 weeks to finish up my HM training before the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon!

Zelanie

Congrats, buckindb, on a great race!  What a nice confidence boost going in to your HM!

Do you have the finish time for your 10K?  I'm trying to get the calendar updated and I missed that one.

hog4life

Congrats Buck! I was looking at doing that same half at one point. I'm not too far down the road, heck I might still sign up.

buckindb

Thanks, Zel!  I finished the 10K in 59:55, beating my 60:00 goal!

hog:

I have not run the KDF HM, but having lived in Louisville my whole life I have been to many and cheered.  It's a big event here in Louisville, drawing around 10-12,000 for the mini and the full marathon.

Let me know if you register.

Nice race buckindb!  Congrats on the PR - way to smash it.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, buck!

We had a blast going back home to run the half marathon.  I paced hubby on his second and now his third HM.  He did great.  I had no pain and no issues post surgery.  Very happy to say that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Nice, D! Remember how "have fun and no pain" was you goal for a while there, and you just achieved it. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, Mel.

If anyone is interested, I posted an RR in my blog (link on my sig).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page