Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - May 12 & 13 (Read 280 times)

an amazing likeness

And the racing continues! Good luck and fleet feet to all racers - have fun! *

(Looks like a fairly light racing week for our forum runners with only SimonR having an entry on the calendar...)

************This week and weekend*******************

May 13th, SimonR, Sporting Life 10K, Toronto, ON

* (c) 2012 ILF

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

vegefrog

Good luck Simon!

I'm running a 5K in the AM, didn't put it on the calendar because it was a last minute sort of decision. I really, really, really want to break 24 minutes.

It's gonna hurt, but I know the feeling of a PR will erase all the pain! Just gotta get through that measly 3.1!!!!

an amazing likeness

Good luck Simon!

I'm running a 5K in the AM, didn't put it on the calendar because it was a last minute sort of decision. I really, really, really want to break 24 minutes.

It's gonna hurt, but I know the feeling of a PR will erase all the pain! Just gotta get through that measly 3.1!!!!

Oh...but the hurt is only for 20 or so of the 23 minutes and the pleasure of nailing your goal and the PR lasts for sooo long....Go vegefrog !

Best wishes for fleet feet and following winds. Can't wait to hear you nailed it.

vegefrog

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23:24!!

It hurt! It was hot! It was at a local high school so the cross country team was in full participation. I followed one of the girls and stayed with her to the end. I apologized at the end, LOL, I know it was annoying to have me over her shoulder the whole way.

I am most proud of the fact that I really, really, really wanted to give up with about a half mile to go (felt like puking) but I got my shit together and focused and got it done Smile Where the energy to sprint at the end came from I'm not sure, but I'm glad I had it!

No awards, it was a small race. I don't think any award could replace the feeling of achieving a goal after weeks of hard work Smile

Thanks for the encouragement!!! This group rocks Smile

Wow. You really did beat 24. Congrats on a great race! 5ks are brutal but you did exactly what you needed to do-fight through that "I wanna give up" pain. Very very nice!

It hurt! It was hot! It was at a local high school so the cross country team was in full participation. I followed one of the girls and stayed with her to the end. I apologized at the end, LOL, I know it was annoying to have me over her shoulder the whole way.

I am most proud of the fact that I really, really, really wanted to give up with about a half mile to go (felt like puking) but I got my shit together and focused and got it done Smile Where the energy to sprint at the end came from I'm not sure, but I'm glad I had it!

No awards, it was a small race. I don't think any award could replace the feeling of achieving a goal after weeks of hard work Smile

Nice job vegefrog. That's some great progress this year.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

an amazing likeness

It hurt! It was hot!

Great job...that's really hauling the mail !

Don't mean to knock anything off your personal high at all...but you know what this means now? Your 10K PR is soft, as in s-o-f-t. You need to find a 10K and knock that PR down before the heat of summer gets in the way. Wink