Half Marathon Trainers

June (Read 21 times)

5 miles this morning before the rain, a little humid, bu tfelt good.  I have been feeling tired this week, but still kept to my schedule.  Easy run/walk wiht a friend tomorrow and then a long run Sunday to gear up for my 5 Miler on the 4th.  Excited to see if I can execute another good race, starting slow and building to finish strong.  I think finally getting back out in a race has boosted my confidence a little.  Still no half scheduled, but I am leaning towards Septemeber to conquer the one that got me..

A - good running and taking it easy on the hamstring.  Mine are always tight.  No pain or discomfort while running, but tightness after.  I am learning it is ok to run slower and sometmes more enjoyable.

Lauren - you have a busy schedule, but I am sure you will fit it all in somehow and rock that marathon.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

hog4life

I run with the president today! The president of our running club that is, lol. He pushed me to an 8:29 pace for 7 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had a few days off while traveling for work but I ran 9 miles outside last night!  Only because it was raining, that is.  Haha.

LR on the TM later today.

Mitch, nice run with the boss, LOL.

Barbs, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Everyone keeps speaking of this rain thing. I don't know what that is. We've had less than an inch combined total of precipitation this spring/ summer. I just finished a 7 mile run; I didn't hit my planned mileage due to the heat. I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm okay with what I did get. Sometimes you have to deal with reality instead of the plan.

DR, I wish I knew how to LR on the DM, but it makes me insane. I managed a 6 miler once, but I don't think I could manage a 8 or 9.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

7.5 this morning with a big group of about 30. I finished the month at 130, July should be higher as I start ramping up.

Just a short 30 minute run today. I've been taking it easy to placate the evil hamstring (3 days off in a row this weekend!) so my mileage is a bit down. I'll run 90 minutes tomorrow - holiday here.

Meg - here 52F 100% humidity this morning, kinda like a cold soup. I'm really hoping those forest fires die down out west.

A

Recalculating...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

We're on day 2 of smoke-filled air. Yesterday visibility hovered around 2km most of the day. Today we haven't moved from 1km. Forest fires smoke is causing air alerts. Yesterday the city said they would look at closing outdoor pools if the air quality hit high or very high. We are at very high and have been since midafternoon yesterday. I'm wondering if Canada Day celebrations tomorrow are going to be cancelled. Don't get me wrong. I'm very thankful that we aren't in any danger from the fires and I feel bad for the people who are being bussed here (500km from the fires) bc the evacuation centres closer are full. But I'm just feeling shack wacky from being cooped up inside with my kids and only the dreadmill for miles.

ETA: Taken a mile from my house by someone on Twitter.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

Meg, that looks awful.

an amazing likeness

I like the end of a month as a good time to take stock how training went – everything from the ‘daily grind miles’ to planned workouts; add in races and it gives me a sense of at least having done something. But, wow, June went by way too fast. Blink!

Solid training month with 202 miles logged. The 3 Tuesday night track group sessions were challenging – really hard workouts, but each was better in terms of both the workout and feeling more comfortable with the group. (lots of the folks know each other, I didn’t know anyone before..)

Two races in June – a half and a 10K. I use this 10K as a fitness test before the local July 4th 10K, just to see where I might be in terms of fitness for running way harder than half marathon effort. Was pleased as pie to finish 3AG (18OA) and win an apple pie as prize!

With 2 races and 3 track group nights, I probably ran more hard miles in June than I have in some time. Hope it pays off in the coming months.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I like the end of a month as a good time to take stock how training went – everything from the ‘daily grind miles’ to planned workouts; add in races and it gives me a sense of at least having done something. But, wow, June went by way too fast. Blink!

I do this at the end of each month and keep a record -- total miles, longest run, shortest run, total number of days run, average mileage, any races. I can look back and see year over year or month over month what I've done. Sadly this was the first June in a few years where my June monthly total was less than my May mileage. (Drop was about 3 miles so not a lot, but still not thrilled.) Ended the last week of June in really hot temps and smoky air.

Starting July with a run I'm not sure I can finish outside. It's still smoky, but I'll give it a try.

Half Fanatic #9292.