Half Marathon Trainers

Who ran Saturday? (Read 235 times)

I sawa we had an Indy runner, I was in MI with icicles in my eyelashes, what is your story?
    Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
      I'm in Indiana. I did 4 miles Saturday morning with our Indy Mini Marathon training group and it really wasn't too bad. 12 degrees. Cold but at 8:00 not very windy. On our way home I had dh drop me off about 7 miles from home so I was able to get my 11 miles in. Let me tell you, by 9:00 it was *cold*. It might have been 16 degrees by then but the wind had kicked up. 25-30 mph gusts. And then about 2 1/2 miles into that last 7 it started to snow. (Of course, at the point where I had to run *into* the wind. Shocked) For about 10 minutes it was like white out conditions. I couldn't see from one telephone pole to the next. Couldn't see cars coming until they were right on me. I ended up running about 10 feet off the road in the grass because the roads were so slick and the cars were freaking me out. LOL! The snow stopped and I was able to turn so that the wind was at my back and the rest of the run wasn't too bad. Tongue I'm wimping out today. Wink My son has a 2 1/2 hour wrestling practice tonight, right next to the indoor track at the high school. I'll be running inside tonight. LOL! Teresa
      runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I did but it really does should not count since it was on a dreadmill. But when air temp is -7 F and wind chills are around -30 F, here in MN. I just cant see myself trying and risking it, so I ran in front of a window to make the expierience less dull. It looks that I will be doing the same till about Wednesday(2-7). Brad

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Ran 4 Saturday and 3.4 on Sunday. My wife is now completely sure that I am certified insane!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire