Half Marathon Trainers

Any races this weekend - 10/27-28? (Read 246 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have the Grand Rapids Half on Sunday. I am SO glad that this is my last race of the season...I am feeling sorta burned-out and ready for a few months of mostly easy runs and shorter "long" ones. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck, Zoomy! I don't have one this weekend, but I'm running The Half in Dallas next weekend.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks--that must be a big race!

~ Sarah Kay

It's the biggest race of the year for the Dallas Running Club - I think there will be about 4,000 runners - so it will be, by far, the biggest race I've ever been in. I'm actually a little anxious about the first couple miles and the crowding. Not that I'm nervous, but I mean I get pretty pissed off having to navigate around the walkers who start ahead of me in races with only 300 or 400 people in them - I can only imagine my blood pressure with 10x the runners. Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll bet the crowding won't be too bad, really. The only race that has really had me frustrated was our local Race for the Cure. I did that last year and there were a crazy # of folks. Lots of people who probably had never run a race before and I spent the first mile of the 5k weaving around people who were walking a quarter mile in. But this was probably 10k or more people. The GR marathon and half are 3k people. Nice amount to feel like I always have people around me, but not overwhelming. I think the Riverbank Run 25k was around 5 or 6k people. Even that wasn't bad crowd-wise after the first couple of miles. And people really seemed to line up properly for that. k

~ Sarah Kay

I'll bet the crowding won't be too bad, really. The only race that has really had me frustrated was our local Race for the Cure. I did that last year and there were a crazy # of folks. Lots of people who probably had never run a race before and I spent the first mile of the 5k weaving around people who were walking a quarter mile in. But this was probably 10k or more people. The GR marathon and half are 3k people. Nice amount to feel like I always have people around me, but not overwhelming. I think the Riverbank Run 25k was around 5 or 6k people. Even that wasn't bad crowd-wise after the first couple of miles. And people really seemed to line up properly for that. k
              Yeah - I'm sure it will be okay - I'll definitely hope for the best and maybe line up a little closer than I normally do (close to the back). My problem is I let the people frustrate me and end up running too fast to get around them. After the first mile or two it should be good.