Half Marathon Trainers

January 2017 Running (Read 13 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Happy New Year! Smile

I know we've already got races on the calendar this month.

I've got to register for my spring half (it was my first spring half when I ran it last year), but I'm considering a second spring half a couple of weeks earlier on Good Friday.

What's going on, runners?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

I ended December with ~50 miles, and finished 2016 with 660 miles. I have been fighting a head cold for the last couple of weeks so haven't done any running. I am finally feeling better and hope to get in a run tomorrow morning.

Marylander

I've got a race on saturday. Of course I'm overtrained, have been dealing with insomnia for a week, and have a cold. Wink I'm still planning to run for a slight PR at one of those big numbers (break 2 hours). We'll see how it goes. Gotta stay positive.

From the Internet.

I'm starting week 1/20 of marathon training D: D: D: It's actually gonna be a slight step back in overall mileage for the first week or two, so it should be fine. Huge workout on the 1st, took Monday off, ran 5 easy yesterday and 10 mile progression today.

My December was a planned down month. I've ramped it up since the beginning of January and am hoping to do 3 races in the next few months, but haven't committed so they're not ready for the calendar: 10k or HM on Feb 11 5k on March 26 Marathon on Apr 23 or May 7. This all assumes I'm able to ramp up successfully. I'm dealing with some lingering pain from my December race.
            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I've got a race on saturday. Of course I'm overtrained, have been dealing with insomnia for a week, and have a cold. Wink I'm still planning to run for a slight PR at one of those big numbers (break 2 hours). We'll see how it goes. Gotta stay positive.

How did your race go? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Marylander

So, after some misery thursday I went to the doctor to get checked out and left with a bronchitis diagnosis. Smile So, no race at all. Such is life.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hope you kick that bronchitis soon! At least it's not the busiest time of year for running.

We had nearly two weeks of extreme cold (-40s windchill) and now it seems to have moved on. It's a relief to get outside again although trhe footing is mostly hard and icy which is challenging in itself.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

Louisiana Marathon Weekend, HM completed in PR time for pushing a race chair in 1:57:04. This was by far one of the best Ainsley's Angels races ever for me. There were over 50 special needs riders that competed over the weekend in all 4 races. Great times!!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work, HL! Smile So when you push someone at these races, do you both get medals? It's very cool. (And man, you are fast. I am fighting for sub-220.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

Meg, The runners pay normal race fees, and the riders get free registrations. The riders have a bib just like everyone else. When we cross the finish line, the riders get a medal just like all the runners. Here are two good pics that I like from this weekend.

The dog rode the whole race on Sat for the 1/4 Marathon(6.55 miles)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks for sharing some pictures! That is very cool! I don't know that we have anything like that here.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Apparently my first spring half last year didn't scare me off. I signed up last night for the Gopher Attack half (apr14) and I will register yet for the RPS Half (apr 30/ was my first spring half last year).

Half Fanatic #9292. 

January did not go as planned for me. Work got in the way, I missed most of two weeks, which derailed my spring plans. It's possible there is a silver lining here, as I may have been coming back too quickly from my December race. I've pushed back my target race into likely August, which gives me plenty of time to get ready while doing other races in there.