Half Marathon Trainers

Oct 2nd - Hampton, NH - SmuttyNose HM ---- will anyone be there this year (Read 251 times)

I'm definitely running the SmuttyNose half marathon on Oct 2nd this year at Hampton Beach and was wondering if any other RA'ers will be there??

For those of you thinking about it, its a really nice race -- flat and fast - about 5 miles down the coast of NH.  Put on by LOCO Running Company and SmuttyNose Beer company....

I think they only allow 2,000 HM'er and now there is a marathon with only 500 entries......and it does fill up so if you think you might want to run then you ought to enter by mid August or so....last year I think it filled up around the 2nd week of Sept....

You'll love the race and I'd like to meet a few more RQA'ers.....

John

Champions are made when no one is watching

an amazing likeness

John -- is this the same course as the early spring "Half @ The Hamptons" ?  Looks like it might be.  I'd rather take my chances on the weather  in October, over February or March.

I haven't planned my fall races yet, so I'm keeping my eyes on the options.  I ran the Seacoast Half (RD is CoastWalker here on RA) in November and Eastern States 20 Miler in March, followed by Great Bay Half in April  -- so I'm leaning towards getting away from NH for the fall this year and finding some options inland.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Its about 90% the same course ---- the start and finish are at slightly different locations (from the Half at Hamptons) and there are a few different turns on some of the back roads but for all practical purposes, it's the same course......I talked 2 friends from my running club into coming to this race last year and they are both already signed up for this year and bringing a friend....so this race is habit forming...

There are a lot of good race options but I like this one because its pretty hassle free and not too far from home (for me about 1 hr)...

This is the course that I BOMBED on two years ago and last year was coming off of an injury so even though its a forgiving course, I have yet to run a decent race here (Sat my HM PR at the Half at the Hamptons  in 2010).........but my lack of a good race has nothing to do with the course....

Let me know if you decide to come to this race and we can meet up somewhere....

Champions are made when no one is watching