Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racer: September 7 (Read 18 times)

Cyberic

That sucks Meg.

We put much effort into running and expect rewards for our efforts in terms of time in races. But if you think of all the benefits running has in your life... THOSE should be the expected results.  I wonder why we put so much focus on race times?

hog4life

Meg, sorry for the bad race. Keep your head up and get 'em next time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rocken, congratulations!  Great job!

Meg, I am sorry you had a tough race.

Damaris

an amazing likeness

Meg...allow me to propose another perspective on your race, it goes something like this...

- historically, you don't run a lot of races speaking in terms of simply volume...

- because of where you live, training is a challenge for a good part of the year...

- this makes most of your races 'goal' races in one way or another...

- you added 20% to your experience with the half marathon distance...you know more now about how to approach your next one...

- your training work coming in was solid enough that you're close to ready to go in your next half in just a few weeks...

- the endurance for your next half is already baked into your legs...

- you don't have to wait long for another whack at it, so very little training pressure for the next one...

- at your next race, you'll have it mentally easy for at least front half of the race...

All this means there's no need to do anything but look forward.

Pam -- Nice job!  Hell of a testament to your recovery.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

MT, I like that. Thanks. QCM always has witty slogans on the back of their race shirts. This years is "Keep looking forward; the finish line isn't behind you." Your reminder is good. My next race will be better.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.