Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - April 28th & ahead! (Read 285 times)

an amazing likeness

And the racing continues! Good luck and fleet feet to all racers - have fun!

Apr 28 -  vegefrog @  Providence Heart and Sole 5 miler, 5.0 miles, Columbia, SC

May 5thcameraready @ Indy Mini Marathon, 13.1 miles, Indianapolis, IN

May 6th - HappyFeat @ Forrest 5k, 5k, Port Gamble, WA

May 6th - MidnightRunner @ Lincoln Half Marathon, 13.1 miles, Lincoln, NE

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

vegefrog

Good luck all!

This is my first 5 miler Smile so I'm sure to PR! It's a womens only race, should be interesting. Unfortunately, it's going to be around 85 degrees, YUCK! My goal is 8 minute miles, or under 40 minutes.

HappyFeat

I know I'll have fun at the Forest 5K trail race, especially since a friend is joining me to run it. Although she is typically slower than me in races, I think we'll probably run it together and just have a good time. I don't plan to try to run fast since I've had a particularly bad week (think I got sick from fleabites, but that's another story) and a pyriformis-type pain for several weeks that I'm working on resolving, both problems inhibiting speed. But thanks for the well-wishes...good things can happen on race day....and who knows? maybe I'll be feeling alot better by then.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

My goal is 8 minute miles, or under 40 minutes.

Guess you nailed that....Nice!  And an top AG place as well.  That's a good day. A keeper.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Former runner

The weather is helping me with my taper this week. I see sunny skies as I look out the window right now but the radar show an ominous storm heading this way. The same thing happened yesterday. By the time I got home to get ready for an easy run it was raining pretty hard. Oh well, I'm about as ready as I'll be for Saturday. Looks like it should be nice and warm for the race.

Ross

vegefrog

Yep, I had a pretty great day Saturday Smile I really didn't think I would win an AG award with 700 women running, but I guess there were a few 5K's in town that occupied the super speedsters.

Good luck Ross!

My husband is from Loogootee, IN and he remembers running the Indy Mini Marathon when he was younger. His time when he was 13 years old was about 10 minutes faster then my current time. He likes to point this out, but I like to point out that if he tried to do a half marathon right now he would likely die, LOL.

Former runner

Just received the "It's going to be hot" email from the race organizers. Forecast calls for 70° at the start and 75° by 10am. Shouldn't be too bad except for a chance of storms by 9am. On the plus side we probably won't need gloves or cast-off clothes this year.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

Ross