Half Marathon Trainers

I'm back! (Read 24 times)

Hi all-

it has been a long time since I've been active here. Or anywhere. I've been "out sick". It's a long, uninteresting story which maybe some day I will post, but the quick version is that I had heart surgery in January. Before that, I wasn't able to run because of chest pain, after that, I wasn't able to run because of rib pain (until very recently). Well, now I can run! I did a 5k today. I forced myself to stick to 5/1 (minutes) of run/walk, but was able to finish with no problems other than a severely sore ego.

My new goal is to finish a half on Jan 3 2015 (1 year anniversary after surgery), so I'm officially a "Half Marathon Trainer" again.

Zelanie

Hi, redrunner!  Glad you're OK and congrats on completing the 5K!  Hope that you are able to put the health stuff behind you and good luck in your training!

Rondog65

Hello Redrunner glad you are doing better health wise. Love the enthusiasm.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

hog4life

Hi redrunner and welcome back. I also have a big ass scar, but mine is on my abdomen from a colon cancer surgery. I'm glad to hear you are back at it. Not sure what type of heart surgery you had, but don't let it beat you. Some of us no a nice lady from up north that had some heart issues, and she is one bad azz chic running 26.2! Good luck on your training.

redleaf

Howdy!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Docket_Rocket

Hi!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Welcome back!

Recalculating...