Half Marathon Trainers

Anyone run Indy? (Read 370 times)

I ran the Indy Mini. Missed my goal by a long time (27 minutes) but it was still fun. Getting ready now for NEXT year's Indy

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

an amazing likeness

So.....did you stop and kiss the bricks ???

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Former runner

I ran it. I didn't stop to kiss the bricks but I did give it a good arms up for the photographers. Big grin I'm curious to see if it shows up in my race photos. Overall it was a good race for me. I exceeded my expectations and finished in 2:02. Now my goal for fall will be to break 2 hours.

Ross

IMKY13 finish!!

I ran the Indy this year and missed my goal by just over three minutes. I wanted to finish under 2 hours (1:59:59), but my time was 2:03:03 (not bad for my second half marathon in as many weekends though). I've got two more halfs this year to get my goal of a sub 2 hour hlaf (both in October). Overall it was a great race...I'd love to do it again next year!! Oh yea...I did not stop to kiss the bricks...although I did blow them a kiss as I ran over them.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles