Half Marathon Trainers

half marathon trainers - February '08 (Read 625 times)

Way to keep at it everyone! Good luck with your mileage goal, Bertha. (I knew Madison was "Mad City" didn't know it was "Fast City".) I guess there are good runners in most major centres, and there are always fast people if its a decent sized race. Just imagine trying to run against some of the people on this board! Jules, sorry I didn't get back to you before; I lost that topic completely. I think we lived at number 24, it was a semi, I think. I had a cage in the back garden with a couple of pet rabbits. Only lived there to the age of 6, then moved to Africa. A photo would be very nice, though after all these years it may not look familiar, or may have been renovated. Vixi, good for your dad, invite him to join us! I have noticed 5ks make sort of a "soft target" as far as trying to place well; I think a lot of new runners enter while most of the serious 5k runners are wearing spikes and doing it on the track. I have been off running this week with stomach flu, extremely unpleasant, you don't want more info than that! Roll on March.. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Prince of Fatness

5.6 this evening.

Not at it at all. 

Ringmaster

Big grin Simon, I'm glad to hear I won't have too hard a time doing okay in my next 5k. You're right, a lot of my distance-running friends tell me they hate 5ks, but, having the heart of a sprinter, I secretly long to run hard and fast once in a while. Got in 6 yesterday and finished out at just under 100 for the month. I did some speedwork; it felt good. Good luck in your race tomorrow, Sally. When you next see this you'll probably be done . . . hope the weather is great for your run! K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile