Half Marathon Trainers

Indy Mini - Kiss the bricks? (Read 1573 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Paul_26.2, Apologies for the horrific delay in noticing your posting -- I just haven't been over in this user group for a while. Sorry! As much as I really want to do this race for the Speedway aspect, I've been struggling with injury over the last 3 months without much progress (back in Jan I was convinced I'd get better...not so much now), so I do not want to committ to the risk of a far-away out of town race only to wake up and find that I'm having one of the weeks where I can barely walk, much less run and have to waste a flight to Indianapolis and hotel reservation and the resulting $. Thank you very much for your kind offer of a registration transfer! Andy
    Not a problem, Andy...there is always next year (just register early). Hope you heal quickly!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Former runner

Speaking of the bricks, does anyone know if they allow spectators inside the track during the mini? I just got my confirmation packet in the mail today and it doesn't mention much about the track. Mostly I was wondering if people can get in the track to take pictures of friends and family running.

Ross

IMKY13 finish!!

I just got my confirmation packet in the mail
        Where do you live & when did you receive it? I haven’t received mine yet.

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

Former runner

Where do you live & when did you receive it? I haven’t received mine yet.
          I'm in Ft. Wayne and I received it yesterday (22nd).

Ross

IMKY13 finish!!

I'm in Ft. Wayne and I received it yesterday (22nd).
            Maybe I'll receive mine today. I see that all participants receive a ticket to qualifying or practice for the Indy 500. Since I am not from around there...would you be interested in my ticket. Or anyone else for that matter? Well, tomorrow is the big day, the first of back to back half marathons for me. Tomorrow is the Country Music Half Marathon and the weather looks like it’ll be a tad on the warm side, but not too bad. It starts at 7:00am and I am in the 4th corral, so I should be crossing the start line around 7:08am. I have a time goal of 2 hours (1:59:59 to be exact), so I plan to cross the finish line around 9:08am…so hopefully it won’t be too hot at that point. I gonna say around 60 degrees at start time & about 70 degrees at finish time. Next weekend, it’s up to Indy for the Indy mini-marathon. Depending on how I do tomorrow, and how my legs feel next Saturday will determine what type of goal I’ll be shooting for. I may just end up going slow and enjoying the race, especially the part inside the racetrack…we shall see. I’ll post RR’s as soon as I get them typed. Take care everyone, and have a great weekend!!!

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

Ringmaster

Paul, I'll definitely be looking for the race reports . . . what a great challenge to undertake! You're a HM Maniac, for sure! Let us know how this one goes tomorrow . . . we're gunning for your under-two goal and hoping the hot temps hold off. Come back and report to us immediately!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
              Mile by Mile

IMKY13 finish!!

Come back and report to us immediately!
                I've got my RR in another thread Smile

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

Not looking to PR this time, just going to finish. But I am pumped up more than I thought I'd be

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Former runner

I didn't kiss the bricks but I did like a lot of others were doing and gave it an arms up. I ordered a copy of this picture just for the heck of it. http://home.comcast.net/~cameraready/RA/Mini2009_2.jpg

Ross

an amazing likeness

I'm in for the 2010 edition, and will be stopping to kiss the bricks.  A long, lingering kiss.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

I registered today for the 2010 Indy Mini-Marathon....yes it is very early, but didn't want to miss out again.

macd

Indy Half Marathon

I did it this past May, and I don't think they allowed spectators inside the track, so you will need to bring your camera and get a fellow runner to snap the pic. I think.

Former runner

Looks like I'll be in Indy in May again. I debated registering since I haven't run in the past 6 weeks but decided to go ahead and save the $20 before the prices go up in December. Hopefully I'll be able to start running again soon. Only 164 more days for my shins to heal.

Ross

an amazing likeness

Ross,

I have a registration for the 2010 Indy Mini, and it is 99.9999% unlikely I'dbe able to run, much less run the race.  Would you like to arrange a transfer?

kittidrake

Are you still interested in arranging a transfer? Please contatct me: kittimc@gmail.com