Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Training December 09 Happy Holidays! (Read 555 times)

Ringmaster

Hello, all! Not much good running going on here. I did have blood drawn last week, but no results yet. We're getting on a plane to go Honduras tomorrow, and I'm almost ready!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
    Mile by Mile

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

finished a good week yesterday with 6.6 mi lsd

12/16: rest day

12/17: 3.75mi ahr=99 mhr=105 - hr=97 target continuous run

12/18: 2.9mi ahr=89 mhr=97 very low hr/slow jog day

12/19: 6.6mi ahr=99 mhr=107 - longest continuous run so far - 90 minutes.Ran with one of the FW Running Family folks whose run/walk kept her in range. I pushed hr to 104 quite a bit on some hills and only walked on a steep on to keep hr down. My intention was continuous running at hr=97 rather than aerobic intervals from Gallowalking.

Had some lower back soreness during the day, but I haven't been doing the stretches I used to do either. Will stretch out this morning and do a very low hr session for about an hour or so. The temp is 29 with wind chill to 22. Jogging this slowly I'll have to dress warmer than when jogging harder.

VixiDu - enjoy the trip! Have never been to Honduras, but friends say its a beautiful country!

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year (almost)

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Happy new year!

Enjoy your trip to Honduras, Vixi!

Bobev, good job, keep up the good work!

Larry, you have been doing lower miles than I have, we both nedd to get over this and get going again.

I wonder how Teresa is doing under Nobby's guidance, any news, T?

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Well we're on our way to the a Happy New Year - gotta be happy if we keep on running! thanks Simon!

Got a few more consecutive running/jogging days in:

12/20 3.8mi, very low hr jog, ahr=87, mhr=94

12/21 4.26mi, ahr=89, mhr=98, very low hr jog

12/22 3.5mi, ahr=99, mhr=111 low hr jog, target hr=97

12/23 - travel to Austin day

12/24 4.4mi, hills, ahr=96, mhr=104 - hr=97 target after off day, rolling hills, more uphill than down, no level areas, high wind, gusts over 40 mph, took breath away and I think kept hr higher than it would have been.

12/25 4.7mi, ahr=87, mhr=95 - surprised I could keep hr low on the hills, but it wasn't windy

12/26, 12/27 - off days. Wide decided to come home Sun morning, so I couldn't get out.

After two rest days and going long today with target hr=97. My neighborhood is a lot flatter than in Austin around daughters house. Will try to check in again before we leave for cabin at Cooper Lake state park- will likely be offline until we get back - next year! Am going to Verizon store tomorrow to get my cell phone connected to laptop so I can use it as a modem. Hard to update RA from a smartphone...

Hope everyone had/is having a great holiday. Happy New Year ya'll - in case I don't make it back!

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for asking, Simon.  Ack, it's been a hard month!  Just lots of stuff breaking or going wrong, plus holiday stuff and horrid, windy weather.  So I've been AWOL!  Time to get serious again.  My running partner and I both know we have to get our act together.  3.2 miles today felt OK.  The next couple of days look ridiculously cold, so I'll try the indoor track or the treadmill at the Y.

Happy new year!

Larry, you have been doing lower miles than I have, we both nedd to get over this and get going again.

Dec is usually my off month and although I had intended it not to be this year, I just haven't ben able to find the ambition to break away from everything else and hit the threadmill as well as using the bad knee as an excuse.  The knee is not getting any better, but it didn't bother me the few times I ran on it and it doesn't bother me to walk, just doesn like hyper extension (backwards) or sudden turns and bothers me the most in bed and trying to put my sock on.  Sooner or later I'm probably going to give in and see the DR. 

But the new year is coming and I've got to loss these holiday pounds I've put on, so I've got to get back into the routine and get going. 

Hope everyone has a safe New Years.

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

57 laps (3 miles) on the indoor track today.  Felt easy, but boring.  I really need to figure out my iPod!

Rum and Coke for me this afternoon. DS finally finished all eleven of his college applications!  Whoo hoo!

Good to hear that everyone is enjoying the hols - I wouldn't worry about it being a distraction for those of you who have not got out as much as you would have liked. My December, January & February were a wash out last winter and I bounced back for a great 2009. You'll all fall right back into it as soon as things settle down I'm sure.

I finished off 2009 with an easy 5 miler today bringing my 2009 total over 900 miles (and making December my second best month ever too!)

Got a 15k in a few weeks time - it helps keep the motivation up when it's cold, wet & windy out. Anyone else racing anything right now.

Happy new year folks.

Looking forward to sharing 2010 online with y'all.

2017 Goals
                    1) Run more than 231 miles
                    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Good to hear that everyone is enjoying the hols

Happy new year folks.

Looking forward to sharing 2010 online with y'all.

Ditto.

Like many of you (not you Matt - great job this month) December has been tough for me to get the miles in.

The recent weather we've had in NY has also been a problem causing me to seriously  consider buying a treadmill (I hate running on treadmills).

Larry, I may be a bit outta line here, and if I am please just ignore me. 

Get your butt to a doctor and get that knee looked at. Get some PT or whatever the doctor recommends.  You need to be out there putting in the miles and encouraging the rest of us!!!  Do it now so you can, hopefully, get it taken care of quickly rather than waiting a couple more months and finding yourself at the same point you are today.  Anyway, that is my 2 cents.  Take it or leave it, but know that we are pulling for you to get better and get running!