Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers-December 2008 (Read 458 times)

Rundadrun27

Ran with my son last night, only 3.7 miles, very cold.
    Exactly how cold was it? Was it anywhere near -40C? That's been the temperature all week in Winnipeg. Best of luck with your Marathon Vixi.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

-40C = -40F, right? Wow.
        No, definitely not! I would not be out in that! I heard it was in that range in Banff, and all the ski runs and schools and even some offices were closed. They don't want someone to have a car problem and get frostbite or freeze to death waiting for help. That is not my idea of fun.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Happy New Year to everyone, and miles of smiles! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Happy Almost New Year to everyone. Well, yesterday officially started my road to recovery. 3.1 Miles plus a mile walking on the threadmill, followed by 20 minutes on the stationary bike and lots of stretching. No pain in the calf, but I'm going to be taking it easy any way. Hopefully, this is behind me and I'm off and running and will be inspired to be here a lot more again. So again, Happy New Year Everyone and hope to see lots of you in 2009. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, that's great news, Larry! I'm glad you starting out cautiously. My last run of the year yesterday was 5.3 miles, plus I walked 2.0 miles with my injured running partner. 1,064.5 miles for 2008, so I'm happy! Hoping for 1,250 miles in 2009.

jules2

Hey, that's great news, Larry! I'm glad you starting out cautiously. My last run of the year yesterday was 5.3 miles, plus I walked 2.0 miles with my injured running partner. 1,064.5 miles for 2008, so I'm happy! Hoping for 1,250 miles in 2009.
                Well done 62 miles more than me, next year I'm torn between 1200 ( 100 per month ) or 1560 ( 30 per week ) I think I'll go for the former but include some more specific training such as intervals..

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Prince of Fatness

Good to see you got a run in Larry. I hope you can keep it going. I was bummed out last month when I got injured because it meant I wouldn't get to 2000 miles. But things are steadily getting better. I finished off the year with a 7 miler on my favorite trails, in the snow. 1844 for the year, which is the most I've ever run. Now it's on to January. I need to drop a few pounds and keep increasing my mileage. I have a HM on May 3, and then I'd like to take another shot at a marathon in the fall. Happy New Year everyone. I wish you all a healthy 2009.

Not at it at all. 

Happy New Year Everyone! Everyone pretty much knows what my woes were this year, I feel like I am getting to be a MUCH BETTER runner now, that I have spent the last few months strengthening my leg muscles..... I have no major races planned, I think my magic just might be to not register for races, just run lots of miles, and If I feel like going to a race, register very last minute. Since I think mind set and mind games were a contributor to my problems, I have done so much better just running for the pleasure of running.... no stress, no training plan, no " gotta run" miles.... I'm doing fabulous, happy to get the new year started, and see where my feet take me..... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS"