Half Marathon Trainers

November (Read 14 times)

hog4life

Well I didn't make make my sub 2 with the stroller. We were at 9:04 pace through 9 miles, then the partner got really sick so we had to slow quite a bit. We finished in 2:05:50, still not too shabby while pushing!

hog4life

I ended up taking 3 days off after that half and run 5 miles last night. Legs were all cranky and my ankle didn't  feel that good either, but it felt good to be out there.

Not shabby at all! Boy would I do a happy dance with a 2:05, plus stroller! Have a good rest (and then back at it).

Slowly slowly restarting my workout hours per week - I think I was up to 6.5 but now I'm in the 3.5 to 4 range. I'd like to be around 5 by Christmas. I had a lovely short 30 minute and warm run this morning.

Happy thursday, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

Wow, longest run ever(time on feet)! It was on trails, rained the entire time, took one spill landing on my tush, exactly 5 hours and netted 23.5 miles.

From the Internet.

That's a solid long run Mitch! Can't wait to hear about your 50k!

That was a week! Solid 6x800 5K pace workout, 2 strength workouts, rode my friend's horse 4 times, and became an ultramarathoner! 6 hour race yesterday, as many laps of the 2.7 mile course as you can cover before time's up. I ran the first 16.2 at ~9:41 pace and walk/jogged another 10.8 to finish the day with 27 miles! RR is up on the B&B forum.

an amazing likeness

Just posted a ridiculously long entry in the race reports with summaries of the halfs I've run this year...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

The Poo Monster cost me a PR! I had an 8:17 pace at mile 11 and HAD to stop. I probably lost 2-3 minutes! I finished just 16 seconds from my PR at 1:51:49.

erinr

The Poo Monster cost me a PR! I had an 8:17 pace at mile 11 and HAD to stop. I probably lost 2-3 minutes! I finished just 16 seconds from my PR at 1:51:49.

That's my worst nightmare!  At least now you know you're in PR shape!

I've just been doing easy miles trying to hit 1,000 for the year.  I'm about 40 miles behind the pace bunny right now (was under 20, but lost a lot of ground in the last couple weeks with traveling and a cold).  And trying to plan my races for next year.  There's a cheap local half the first weekend of April (still pretty cold here, and potential for snow on the ground), then a bigger one nearby the first weekend of May.  I'm tempted to do both.  Another option is the Door County Half, which is the same weekend in May.

an amazing likeness

Boo to the PM problem, H4L, boo!  PRs are rare, elusive beasts, seldom captured in the wild -- so terrible news. But good to hear that your training levels are so high - a multi-minute PR is huge (say it like Trump...'huuuuggge') for a half.  Hope you can find a good half in the near future to put that fitness back on the line.

hog4life

Boo to the PM problem, H4L, boo!  PRs are rare, elusive beasts, seldom captured in the wild -- so terrible news. But good to hear that your training levels are so high - a multi-minute PR is huge (say it like Trump...'huuuuggge') for a half.  Hope you can find a good half in the near future to put that fitness back on the line.

Thanks, one thing that I was most surprised with, and happy to see, were my splits. I'll get a little RR up with some details. The PM is a very big part of my life since I have lived with Crohn's Disease for 28+ years. No big deal, I had a great race!

Ekat is right - you are in PR shape and that's what counts!

Stormy today, so I hit the treadmill. Saw all of the weekend gym regulars who I havent seen in awhile - ahh winter is coming...

happy saturday, A

Recalculating...

erinr

It snowed here this weekend, so I got to break out the trail shoes and play in the snow.  I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can while it's still a novelty and fun Smile

an amazing likeness

November goes into the books for me as a pretty solid month of running - 28 runs logged for 190+ miles. One half marathon, the Seacoast Half, to close out this year's half marathon schedule with 8 HMs completed.

I haven't had the time to do them for the past year, but one aspect of my Intrepid Racers summaries I miss is they help me take notice of the seasons progressing and the flow of the running year. Early winter snuck up on me, and after a few trips to storage bins, I've got most of my winter running gear out into rotation. The days of shorts are over for a few months, and all weekday runs are in the dark now -- it takes a few weeks to get used to not being able to see your feet down there in the inky dark. Shortest days of the years are upon us up here in New England, but this past weekend all the holiday decorations emerged to light windows and front yards.

My plans for December are to have a fairly light month in the hope the soreness and tiredness will seep out of my old bones, but still log enough miles to hit January pretty hard and not pork up too badly.

Onto December...