Half Marathon Trainers

So what should it look like? (Read 203 times)

OK--I am going to make myself slow down for easy runs. How many runs per week should be slow? I am going to start running 4 days per week consistently instead of 3-4. I have always just run for fitness on a treadmill until recently. My first 5k was a week ago--I came in at 29:43. I felt great the whole time, but I've been told that I can't train at that pace all the time. Do I need to do different paces on different days?
      Use the Pace Calculator on the other thread ( posted a link for it )and key in your 5K finish time, and it will provide you what your training paces should be. For Instance, My finish time was 30:06 and my easy run training pace is 12:00 minute miles, and my temp runs ( the Wednesday 2 miler) is 10:10-to 10:20 pace. It's making a HUGE difference. I had a 5 mile long run yesterday that I felt like I could have run for another HOUR for. Awesome! Smile MTA: Link: http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Thank you, Cheffy!
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cheffy, I'm glad the slower training times are working well for you! I've taken a couple of days off, because I was feeling exhausted after my 9.6-mile run on Tuesday and my 5k race on Saturday. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not as young or athletic as a lot of people on RA, so I have to go at MY pace! I need to swallow my pride a little, I think.