Half Marathon Trainers

March 2016 (Read 21 times)

redleaf

This is a cut down week for me as I am running a 1/2 on Sunday that I am not terribly well prepared for (surprise surprise I know) but my aim for 2016 is to improve my consistency and lose weight.

Here's my Monday - Sunday plan for this week:

Monday - 45 min run DONE

Tuesday - short rest day run DONE

Wednesday - either short rest day run or 60 min run DONE (short)

Thursday - whichever I didn't do yesterday DONE (60 min)

so far so good Smile I ran outside today (Thursday) so my shoes could dry by Saturday morning when I through them in my suitcase. Tomorrow will be a short treadmill run. Saturday - a shake out run in New Hampshire Smile

Friday - short rest day run DONE

Saturday - 30 min run - 20 minutes but DONE

Sunday - oh, at a guess, 3 hour run. ABOUT TO GO AND DO Big grin

I'm doing 90:30s (per Galloway I guess right now; 90 sec run 30 sec walk). And I'm as slow as I always have been.

March 6 - Half at the Hamptons (goal - finish)

August 21 - Edmonton half-marathon (goal - < 2:30)

October 16 - Toronto Waterfront half-marathon (goal - will see closer to date)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Lisa, you are moving. That's what counts.

My races so far look to be May, September, October. I'd like to maybe pick up one more race (10K maybe, but not sure when or what.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Lisa -- did you run Half @ Hamptons in NH today?  Lots of RA'ers there. And gosh you won the weather lottery -- 40F and light wind, bright sun. Wow!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

She did run it. (Lisa, all I can think is Bourbon Run.) Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

redleaf

Lisa -- did you run Half @ Hamptons in NH today?  Lots of RA'ers there. And gosh you won the weather lottery -- 40F and light wind, bright sun. Wow!

I did Big grin I was very very slow (even for me) but I didn't and none to much the worse for wear today except a stiff right ankle and some unfortunately placed chaffing

The #bourbonRun thing was Kathy's idea. She thought it'd help motivate her to train. Life got in the way though. Oddly enough I haven't had any bourbon yet! Lots of beer though.

HF #4362

Marylander

I've got my 2nd official half coming up at the beginning of May and I finally got started training for it at the end of Feb. My motivation was unbelievably low through the winter. I had visions of beating the crap out of my previous official half (2 years ago) but let myself down in not actually working towards making that happen. Oh, well, I ought to be able to beat the last one at least by a little bit.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My race is May 01 and I really have no idea how it will go. I've been running all winter and it was a mild one so I didn't drop a ton like I usually do for mileage. I've never run a spring race.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

an amazing likeness

Seems there was some disparity in the proper outer layers for the Half at Hampton this past Sunday...guy in all black, long-sleeve top and tights is race winner. Beard guy in shorts and no top finishes #2..so the opposite ends of spectrum worked...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

Yep, and everything in between.

Today is a recovery week for me. Plus I was still in NH drinking until Tuesday Big grin

Monday -  short rest day run DONE

Tuesday - short rest day run DONE

Wednesday - 45 min run DONE

Thursday - short rest day run or 45-60 min run

Friday - whichever I don't do Thursday

Saturday - whichever I don't do Friday

Sunday - 60-75 min run

If I sign up for the August 21 half - 14 weeks out is May 5. So I think I'll just go into a holding pattern until then. I bought a two month gym membership from Groupon that I will start to use right after Easter Smile

HF #4362

Cyberic

Seems there was some disparity in the proper outer layers for the Half at Hampton this past Sunday...guy in all black, long-sleeve top and tights is race winner. Beard guy in shorts and no top finishes #2..so the opposite ends of spectrum worked...

I like that!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I've really had quite enough of this damn wind. Yesterday 5 miles in 43 gusting to 62kph or something like that. Today 9 miles in 40 gusting to 54kph. It's so flat here that there is really not much to break it up. I get home from runs and can feel it in my legs and my core. It's work to keep upright and going forward into that.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Our old race list thread had disappeared and become far out of date so I added a new one.

Race Calendar for the Group (Separate from Race Reports)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

redleaf

Week two of the "holding pattern" and it seems to be going well (although thanks to some scheduling issues I'm back end heavy!). I am on pace for my first month > 100 km since February 2014.

I figured out what 14 weeks before the Edmonton half is (May 15) and basically I am just going to slowly up my KMs until then and use up a two month gym membership starting after Easter.

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm trying to figure out this training for a half at this time of year and had a bit of a breakthrough mentally today. I realized that I just slotted my fall training sched into the spring calendar and went with it, but maybe that doesn't work for me. I've never run a spring half. Weather is a different factor at this time of year (cold, not heat) and just maybe I go into a spring half on a lower training load. Not by a lot, maybe 28-30 mile weeks instead of 33-35 mile weeks, but I'm not a speedy runner. So I'm feeling pretty good about my training right now. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

redleaf

It seems as though I've cut my distance lately on my daily runs and I can really only blame my recent cold on the last week the rest was just a bit of laziness.

So I signed up for the Edmonton half to have something on the calendar. My April plan is as follows (starting Monday)

Mon - 25 min

Tues - 45-60 min

Wed - 25 min

Thurs - 60 min / intervals / hills

Fri - 25 min

Sat - 45-60 min

Sun - 90 - 120 min

And I think I figured out that May 15 is 14 weeks before the Edmonton half. So that's when I thought I would pull out a training plan (MT I still have that Ryan Hall one you sent me years ago) and follow that.

HF #4362