Half Marathon Trainers

My First Half Marathon 5th July (Read 668 times)

LisaT81

Hi everyone i just started running 2 months ago after a 8 month break due to injury. I have been running at least 5km a day and a slow easy 10km on a sat or sun depends on my work schedule. I did my first 10km Race in Paphos,Cyprus last Sunday in 58:26 which i was really pleased with, not sure if this is a good time for my first one? I have entered a half Marathon in Scotland when i go back home to visit so i`m now upping my training a bit. Does anyone have any tips for what of pace i should be training at so i can get a decent time in the half marathon? And what would you consider a good time to aim for being my first one? Thanks Lis

IMKY13 finish!!

what would you consider a good time to aim for being my first one? Thanks Lis
      For your first half marathon I don't think you should go in there with a time goal. Your goal for your first half marathon should just to finish the race, and get the expeirence. After that, you can concentrate on time Just my two cents...FWIW

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

jules2

I agree with Paul and add that you need to build up your long runs as what will catch you out is the length of time you are on your feet. You want to stand on the line knowing you can do the distance, not worrying about what time you will do it in.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Lu481

I also agree with Paul... For a first, take it easy and just set the goal to finish... I finished my first one in 2:21:14 which is a fairly slow pace. Your first 10k race time is awesome.... Good luck with the 1/2 marathon, Lu