Half Marathon Trainers

April brings better weather (Read 29 times)

redleaf

electric shock therapy at physio today 

Hamstring feels awesome now. I am very glad the PT runs, although she says she doesn't run hardly at all compared to me! Ha I say Ha!

Anyway, what I agreed to was - resting now till the race. Warming up before the race and then forgetting all about the damn hamstring and going out and enjoying the run.

I am to ice it immediately afterwards - like get some ice from the race people if it looks like they're not swamped with people who need care. Else I can wait till I get back to the hotel.

I promised to start with the PT stretches on Sunday evening and the foam roller when I'm back home on Monday. I see her again on Tuesday and have a massage scheduled for Wednesday. I can run again on the weekend depending on how I feel. I am supposed to walk 30-45 minutes a day until I feel I can run.

thanks to all of you for putting up with me!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

5 miles last night, part of it was with the NOBO group. Tonight will be 6-7 easy miles.

red, you take care of the hammy, okay?

hog4life

13.1 running followed by 16.2 riding with the family.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Apparently, I was too busy to post WEdnesday, Thursday, and Friday (and the weekend)?  Sheesh!  Took a rest day on Wednesday, ran 8 on Thursday and flew to Nashville with hubby for the race.  Did 6 miles in cool and non-humid Nashville and we had a blast at the Country Music Half Marathon.  Today, there shall be recovery miles.

Damaris

hog4life

Storms will be in full force this evening, so don't think I'll get to run. Arkansas took a hard hit last night, I think 17 confirmed dead according to the last report I seen.

walked about 1.5 miles yesterday during my lunch break to try to loosen up my calves and hamstring.  I have never had such tight calves-I am atrributing that to all the hills.  Got out for 3.5 misty coolish miles tis morning and hopefully a short walk at lunch.  Still debating a possible half Sunday..bot sure what to do - I paced someone a few years ago at it and it was a beautiful mostly flat course, just not sure if I have it in me again.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

lsp

Lump Off

Hog - you okay?  We haven't had anything but you looked more in line with the storms.

Tara - your report was awesome.  I love how you BQ'd like it was just no big deal....training for next year should be exciting.

redleaf - what is up with your hamstrings?  get them better.

barb - wait, didn't you just do a half?  maybe it was shorter...go for it!!

I had a tough time with my runs over the weekend; getting used to humidity and pollen i guess.

an amazing likeness

Storms will be in full force this evening, so don't think I'll get to run. Arkansas took a hard hit last night, I think 17 confirmed dead according to the last report I seen.

It sounds really, really rough in the storm alley of the US...please stay safe, Mitch.  Horrible storms, seemingly constant shootings...some times there's a meanness in this world that's hard to comprehend.

Barbs595 -- I'll bet you're right about the hills having worked over your legs. Try some gentle heel drops with your toes on the edge of a stair to stretch and lengthen your calfs out.

When I logged my workout from last night, I ended up being 0.1 mi from my goal for the month (forehead slap).  So tonight's run will take the pressure off around making the monthly miles goal. I was really wiped out last week from the 5 mi race on Monday and it took until Sat and Sunday to feel somewhat normal -- pretty unusual for me, so not sure what's behind that.  Probably another one of those age things....sigh.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

just got back to my desk after physio Smile

she can't believe how well my hamstring is handling recovering from the half. More shocking today. I have the exercises to do - at least one full set in the evenings with rolling them afterwards and if I can do just the exercises in the morning too that's great.

I have my first spinning class in ages on Thursday and she said I'm fine to go do that then, if I'm not too dead after that I can get some easy kms in starting Friday! I'm going to try and do some weights at home starting on Saturday - so long as I do it gently I have the okay from PT.

I go see her again next Thursday to see how everything is progressing Smile

Lots of rain here today and the next few days so I don't mind being told to rest a few more days. Hope everyone is dry and safe and still standing!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

SB and MT, all okay here after Monday night. Today has been a lot better, just some thunder storms.  SB, not sure why, we live in Priceville, but the clouds always seem to split, right before they get here, ***knocking on the desk****.

I did 6.65 running with Bella, then a 4.25 mile bike ride in which I got caught in a downpour.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Very busy week for me so far.  Did 9 miles on Monday and 11 last night on the TM because it was still 95F and 74 dewpoint at 7pm and I am tired of running in this weather 9 months of the year.  The TM was not that bad.  Wait, who said that?

Damaris