Half Marathon Trainers

HTM September thread. (Read 328 times)

Welcome to the group, Cheech!  We seem to have a few southern runners.

Sorry you are going through a tough patch, Matt, but take the long term view- as the hotel manager said in the movie "The best exotic Marigold Hotel", "It will all be alright in the end; if it is not alright now then this is not yet the end."

(Not making light of the situation, just encouraging a positive outlook!)

Good work on that 20 miler, VF, feeling good at the end is a sign of very good fitness.

Little running for me this week, but felt very strong when I did run, and my weight has been stable for months, so that is good.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

VF - too bad your vacation isn't a little longer.  On 14 Oct I will be running in a HM that takes place along the path of 30A.  Runs from just west of Grayton Beach to Seaside and back.  This will be my first HM and am looking forward to it.  There is another HM (that I was going to run before having to work out of town that weekend) that takes place in PCB on 1 Dec.  Starts and ends at Margaritaville.

Cheech - Pensacola huh?  I live in Navarre just down the road.  Good luck on the Pensacola HM.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

OK - so... anyone tie their shoelaces differently to how they come out of the box.

Running Shoe Lacing Techniques

I admit the thought of this has never crossed my mind! Smile

Have a good weekend all!

2017 Goals
        1) Run more than 231 miles
        2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

HappyFeat

OK - so... anyone tie their shoelaces differently to how they come out of the box.

Running Shoe Lacing Techniques

I admit the thought of this has never crossed my mind! Smile

Have a good weekend all!

Absolutely!  There's way too many holes and then the shoe is too tight across the top of my foot no matter how loose the laces. I skip the first crisscross, going up the side one hole before crossing.I've had to do this for years and years.  Now, with my current shoes,I have to skip the 3rd hole from the top, go up the side and then crisscross.  Believe me, you would have thought of it if your shoes were otherwise perfect, but killing the top of your foot.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Well, I accomplished my last long run yesterday prior to HM. 14 miles. Did OK but messed up on some small prep items trying to get out the door. Looking to finish my first HM and expect to finish in about 2:35. Think I could do 2:30 but don't think it is worth pushing since I hope to do another half in Jan or maybe a full in Feb. Anyway, think I am ready except for my taper.

an amazing likeness

Sorry my training log is pretty short, I just switched over from MapMyRun...the GPS tracking was horrendous on my cell phone, but it's much better with Handy Runner.  Looking forward to the next few weeks of training!

Cheech

Cheech - If you happen to circle back and catch this, just noticed your reference to it and want to give a 'heads up' that HandyRunner has been abandoned by it's developer.  The person who wrote the software did it for himself and then moved on...so you'll want to keep your eyes open for a new app.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.