Half Marathon Trainers

April Running (Read 15 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

A few races on the calendar for this month and hopefully some great weather for all of us!

Should also mean this forum might get a little busier. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm feeling a bit sluggish on my runs lately. I hope it's just too much DM and not enough fresh air. Race is May 01 so pretty soon (if not already), I'll be beyond any more training gains and it'll just be maintaining.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

erinr

My winter running was an embarrassment as usual, and now I'm 5-10 lbs heavier trying to get back into it.  First HM of the year is in 3 weeks.  I don't really know what to expect, so I'm just going to do what I can and use it as a baseline to move forward.  Might do a fall marathon.

an amazing likeness

April is finally showing some signs of spring here in the northeast (US)  -- peepers are singing at dusk, daffodils have pushed up, the bright yellow of forsythia has bloomed on south-facing slopes, and on last night's jog, I saw the star magnolia down the street was starting to bud out.

Even better, way better...as someone who does most of my runs in the evening after work, there's enough daylight to start in the fading light and finish in the early dark -- ending headlight season. Yeah!

Because of the mild winter, I do find myself coming into the spring running season with more base miles than normal.  But, so far, it hasn't shown to be all that much help with race speed.    I need to do more speed workouts, and stop getting older.

Ran 1st half marathon of the year a few weeks ago -- Great Bay Half in Newmarket NH. It is a relentless hills course -- just constant sharp up and down. It's work.

This week (tomorrow) is the total opposite -- a half marathon at an airport.

From this:

To this...

I have some thoughts on how quiet our forum is, but need to organize them a bit before trying to write it up. Basically, it was a trend that started across RunningAhead before the RWOL folks joined RA, and has accelerated in nearly all the forums and groups.

Meg -- you streaker you!  Crazy 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

td2059

Hi all

I am a group newbie and a half marathon newbie ,have the second half I have every run on May Day.

Was surprised by my 10K time a few works ago so using this as a strength and fitness test as I work toward goal

Hoping to get as close to 2 hours ,goal for this year is 1:59:59.99 !

Need the cool weather to stay here in the Great Pacific Northwest no more spring records

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Welcome, TD! Smile

I've got my first ever spring half. I've run 8 halfs before but always in Sept/Oct. I've put in the training and I'm sure I can run this, but still I don't know what to expect. At the least, it's a course PR! Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Marylander

I'm hoping to at least do 1:59:59.99 too. Wink My race is this sunday. I have my doubts about the weather agreeing though. Looks like ideal temps overnight but up to 76dF (24C) during the day. They're calling for rain which should at least keep me from getting too hot.

td2059

Thanks for the welcome Meg      Good luck Marylander,

I had a great race  I hoped to get under 2:05 as close to 1:59:59 as possible ended with 1:54:59 !

The course had great shade fell in with some people from my running group and held on

Marylander

Wow, that's huge. Congrats!