Half Marathon Trainers

Happy New Year! (Read 6 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hey! Happy New Year!

Do you have your races for the year picked out or still trying to decide?

I'm registered for my September goal weekend (for the 11th time) as well as my third try at a cold one next month. I'll register for the Vet Run in late April (in its second year) bc I like the cause. Then there are two others I'm not sure about. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Happy New Year to you and others as well!

I have some goals I'm playing with but no races picked yet. I'm struggling with focus. The closest thing to definite for me is repeating the SF HM in July, but I'll likely just run that without making it the focus of my training as I've done in the past, assuming I do it. What I'm really struggling with is do I force myself to concentrate on shorter distances until I'm happy with conditioning or just start again training for a marathon, which I really want to do. The former feels right, the latter is where my mind is wandering.

I *might* head to Canada this year: toying with idea of Vancouver in May with a few Canadian friends (from Toronto, scattered across north america now).

jeffdonahue

First race this year will be the Malden Half Marathon on March 15th.  Training started this week and legs are feeling okay - still trying to keep the sciatica at bay but was able to get a few intervals in yesterday on the track since it was a nice day out here in Massachusetts.

Hoping to get my mileage up into the mid to high 40s per week for this race with a smattering of intervals and tempo runs which I didnt do for my last race.

Goal for this race is conservatively set at my half marathon PR of 1:39:25 which I missed by 22 seconds in November so I think I can do it.

By the end of the year I'd like to get some good high mileage in and get my PR down to somewhere in the 1:36 range might be doable (about a 7:20 pace)  I'll need to pick a nice fast race for the Fall to get this done - maybe with a pace group in that range.