Half Marathon Trainers

Calf Muscle? (Read 436 times)

Okay, so this might sound stupid. Before each run, I massage my calf muscles to relax them and work the knots out trying to avoid the injury I had last year. Any way, I was noticing that my left calf seemed a lot larger than my right. I'm left handed, so it makes sense to be a little larger. So last night, I got my wife's tape measure out and checked them. My left calf is over 1 1/2" bigger than my right. I thought this was really excessive and wondering if anyone else notices this? By the way, it was my leg calf muscle that I tore last year, even more reason why I would think it would not be as large. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

jules2

I must admit that does seem odd, I must measure mine, how badly did you tear it? A friend of mine had a blood clot and the thigh he had it in is considerably larger than the other one, that was four / five years ago and it will never alter.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

I had a complete tear last fall, which sidelined me for over 3 months. My PT told me to make sure I massage it often to keep loosening it up and prevent knots etc. Still don't get the size difference though. Let me know what you find when you measure yours. I'm going to try and remember to measure my thighs tonight as well to see if there is such a desparity. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"