Half Marathon Trainers

Joe's Army - March On or Retreat?? (Read 957 times)

JoeInTX

Eric - Makes sense,  well said., Thanks.  

Hawt and sexy

eric is right.  It does take them a while, but they do come around. I really do not believe you guys will face problems at the same level that the first group faced.  If all else fails, I got your back.  Wink

I'm touching your pants.

RA has gone through a similar upheavel two years ago when Active botched the Cool Running integration.  A large group of users came to RA and called it home ever since. 

eric Smile

And I am one of those who migrated over here two years ago and would never consider going back.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Thanks Eric!

It's quite amusing for me as i've been actually been using this site for a couple of years now... I don't participate in the threads much, but use the log and yearly mileage bunny groups... somehow just because i'm part of a group that migrates here, i'm an invader / outsider???

I think we will integrate fine... as you say it's the impact of a large group seen as newbies (even when some are not) making a lot of request to help us feel at home Smile I do think this is a great site, and I will continue to use it in some form for years to come regardless of what our half marathon thread does!

29/04/2012 Milton Keynes Marathon: 3:42:06

21/02/2010 Sussex Beacon Half Marathon: 1:51:30

snorth100

Hi, Joe and everybody -- as others have said, I'm here for the group, not the site.  I'll go wherever the group goes.  I didn't have much trouble at Active and I do like them for race registrations...but otherwise I have no great allegiance.

Just leave a breadcrumb trail wherever you go so I can follow

Sue

Okay, before I hit the road to Boston this morning, I've got a question to ask that has been bugging me all week.

Where is all of this negativeness coming from that some of the current members aren't playing nice in the sand box? 

Maybe it's occuring in other groups or something, but I haven't seen (not that I've read every post) anyone in this group do anything but welcome you here and in some cases say hello to old CR friends.

Larry

LPH

JoeInTX

Well troops seems like we will be moving our thread back to the Active website.  

To the folks here on RunningAhead....  I'm sorry if we (mainly myself) caused the people here any inconvenience, and for that I apologize.  Thank you for the welcome and help you've provided to us here on RunningAhead.com.

Happy Trails....

Joe
                JoeInTX

Okay, before I hit the road to Boston this morning, I've got a question to ask that has been bugging me all week.

Where is all of this negativeness coming from that some of the current members aren't playing nice in the sand box? 

Maybe it's occuring in other groups or something, but I haven't seen (not that I've read every post) anyone in this group do anything but welcome you here and in some cases say hello to old CR friends.

Larry

Larry - I've sent you (and Eric) an email explaining the reason why we have decided to move back.  It really didn't have to do with any of the people here.   The "negativeness" as you suspected was from another Forum.   It stemmed from a "feature request" I had made.  

Prince of Fatness

Good luck, guys.  Happy running.

Not at it at all. 

Larry - I've sent you (and Eric) an email explaining the reason why we have decided to move back.  It really didn't have to do with any of the people here.   The "negativeness" as you suspected was from another Forum.   It stemmed from a "feature request" I had made.  

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I just kow on this thread, there is a Really "GREAT" bunch of people and I wasn't getting a negative vibe from it. 

Any way, good luck going back to Active.  When and if you and anyone else changes their mind, they know where to find us. 

For me, I have no interest in going back to Active

Larry

LPH

Lu481

Hi guys,

I also wasn't part of the original group, but I  did start over at CR with my running log.  Running Ahead made me feel welcome and I really love Erics log especially the GPS feature.  I've been posting here for over a couple years and have no intention of moving my log again. 

I see you guys have decided to move back to Active, so good luck to all of you.  I'm sorry but I won't be following.

Will anyone be staying in this group here?  I'd really like to keep it going, but if not, that's okay too.

Lu

Hi guys,

I also wasn't part of the original group, but I  did start over at CR with my running log.  Running Ahead made me feel welcome and I really love Erics log especially the GPS feature.  I've been posting here for over a couple years and have no intention of moving my log again. 

I see you guys have decided to move back to Active, so good luck to all of you.  I'm sorry but I won't be following.

Will anyone be staying in this group here?  I'd really like to keep it going, but if not, that's okay too.

Lu

Us regulars will be staying here, it'll be interesting to see if any of Joe's Army goes AWOL and stays here or now that they've joined and been here, will stop in once in awhile.

Larry

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'll still be here!  I checked out Active's site for grins, and was not impressed with how long the pages take to load!  That would get annoying after awhile.

I made it 5 miles with my friend this morning, but it wasn't pretty.  Geez, slack off for a few weeks, and look what happens!!  Ack. 

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I'll be staying also...but I'm an RA regular anyways...

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

redleaf

Sorry that some people reacted badly, I can only say I never received that sort of response at any time since I have been here. It was nice to meet you all and good luck with your running!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362