Half Marathon Trainers

OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Training (Read 187 times)

Today was the start of our training. Nice group this year with a lot of first timers. My last run was the start of Nov so I was really out of shape. 2 miles is not fun for me right now, but I KNOW by next Sat (a 3 miler) I'll be in much better shape!! That pinched nerve seems to be settled down now and being nice. Better stay that way. The steriod I was on to treat it was something I DON'T want to do again. Prednisone on really nasty to start with and when you have diabetes it makes it much worse. I can't imagine people taking this stuff without a real dire medical need. I feel great!! Happy to be running again

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

C-R

Way to get back on the road Bear. May 3rd will be here before we know it. Felt like a heat wave out there today with a wind chill of only 24F.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I see you goal for the Mini. My goal is about an hour behind yours. Walked it on '06 in 3:40 ran it last year in 3:18 (with a screming IT Band) so this year I'd like to be at 2:50

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

GAWD I ddn't want to run this morning. And I have felt that way most of last week. I ran this morining for 2 reasons. 1. I knew I needed to to and 2. because the wafe didn't want me to. We still have ice on the roads. I did the run sans recoveries. Not a fast pace but one I could have run all day long. I feel GREAT!!! Our training group had one of the Running Shops in this morning. They brought a mini store with them!!! I was looking to buy another pair of New Balance 767s. But when I showed the guy my current pair he said I needed a pair with tougher soles!! I have worn the heels down from pronation. The res of the shoe looks, feels and acts brand new. Said I still had 200 or more miles on them if I applied shoo goo to the worn spot and built them back up. I ended up buying Brooks Adrenaline 7 (GTS 7) They feel nice and light and "springy" OH and he advised placing duck tape on the heels to see how many miles I get before I go through the tape. I am thinking if I keep applying the tape after I wear it out, I end up wearing out tape an NOT the heel. We'll see