Half Marathon Trainers

Half's for 2009 (Read 746 times)

I'm doing the OKC Memorial half on April 26.
      What's OKC? (If you don't mind me asking...)

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oklahoma City!

Jazz hands!

Hi guys! I lurk and I'm registered for the Santa Ynez Half (Southern California wine country) in May. Yes, there is a post-race wine tasting. Last weekend I booked the hotel--king-sized bed (boyfriend is coming with), pool, jacuzzi. I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'M SO SCARED!
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go, Squeaky! That sounds wonderful! Smile
            anneb

Hi all, I have been lurking as well... I am not doing my first half until Aug. 2nd (Chicago RnR) but am also registered for a 10 mile race in late-May! Smile

Anne

The Indy Mini May 2nd Training is not fun this year. Too much time off from running over past year

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

jules2

Hi guys! I lurk and I'm registered for the Santa Ynez Half (Southern California wine country) in May. Yes, there is a post-race wine tasting. Last weekend I booked the hotel--king-sized bed (boyfriend is coming with), pool, jacuzzi. I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'M SO SCARED!
                  What are you scared about the boyfriend, the half or both? If the boyfriend can't make it let me know as it sounds like my dream half..

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Ringmaster

I finally started picking out halfs for 2009 so I could start filling out my training calendar post-marathon. Sadly, no one runs anything longer than about 3.1 from May to about October here. There's a very small-town race the last week of October, but I think I'll skip it. In November there's two I'm interested in--the X-Country half, November 22, and a week later, the Space Coast half. Decisions, decisions.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                    Mile by Mile

IMKY13 finish!!

In November there's two I'm interested in--the X-Country half, November 22, and a week later, the Space Coast half. Decisions, decisions.
                      What decisions?? Do them both! At the end of April, I'm doing the Country Music half marathon, and then a week later, I'm doing the Indy mini marathon (half marathon...but they call it a mini marathon). I'm

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Jazz hands!

What are you scared about the boyfriend, the half or both? If the boyfriend can't make it let me know as it sounds like my dream half..
                        Haha, just the half. It was a dumb quote from a 90's teen show where the goody-two-shoes character took caffeine pills to stay up late and study and ended up freaking out like that. I think it was to warn us of the Evils Of Drugs... or something.
                        run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                        Ringmaster

What decisions?? Do them both!
                          Oh, sure. Go out and train for one little marathon and suddenly people think you can just bang out 13.1's like it's no big deal! Big grin Maybe I will do them both, just to show ya! Smile

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

Squeaky, have you checked out the NAPA races. They have a HM in July and another in the fall. I was going to go out and run the July one last year, but decided the cost was overwhelming (I'm in New England). So we decided I'd wait and plan our next trip to NAPA (we go out about every three years) around the fall race, probably in 2010.
                            Hi guys! I lurk and I'm registered for the Santa Ynez Half (Southern California wine country) in May. Yes, there is a post-race wine tasting.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Hey Teresa, How are you? So what's taking you to Oklahoma City? How's DS's indoor track season doing?
                              Oklahoma City!

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Right on Hereford...

My next one is March 21 in Moab, Utah...I'm getting psyched!