Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Feb 16 & 17 (Read 25 times)

Snickers1230

Hi, guys.  For the first time in two years, there was a Winter day in Miami.  Weather for the race was low 40s (feels like 30s), but super windy (23mph), most of it a headwind.  I PR'd with 4:34:09, so very happy, since I was just doing it for fun.

Congrats to all our racers.

Nice job Damaris!  I bet those temps felt good for a change Smile

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

hog4life

Nah, I bet she was freezing, Joking

Great races Bob, Docket, Mitch and Sprinkles!

Congratulations to all of you, no more stopping to pet cute dogs, Sprinkles- its a race! (Kidding..)

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

You're kidding me?  People run without sweating and without having their HRs go to the roof?  And, low dewpoint and humidity?  Wow.

I felt so good, I am not even sore.  It's amazing how more recovery running a marathon in 85F and 90% humidity entails than a marathon in the 40s.  Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bpink76

Bobev, hog4life, snickers & docket - Great job this weekend! Glad to hear everyone had good races.

Jacksonville was cold as well, could not feel my toes for the first couple miles.  There was about a 30 minute delay because there was so much traffic and runners could not get to the start.  Once we got going the course was beautiful with tons of support from the community.  Everyone was out in their driveways with music, pink balloons, cupcakes, you name it.  It was inspiring to run alongside so many breast cancer survivors and those running in their honor.  There was a bridge around mile 11 and it was brutal.  The wind was against us and it felt like we would never reach the top.  When we got to the top there was a huge crowd of spectators cheering us on to the finish.  All in all a great race.  I would definitely do this one again next year.

My partner and I started behind the 2:00 pace group (galloway) and it was kind of busy with all the run/walk, so we scooted ahead of them and finished in 1:57:55, SEVEN minutes under our goal!  185th out of 3000+ women and 34th out of 356 in my AG.

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

Zelanie

Bpink- Wow!  Congrats on beating your goal by seven minutes!  That's fantastic!

bpink76

Zelanie, I just noticed we are running twins.  I started run/walk January 2012 and ran my first 5K in May.  Similar PRs too.  I think you beat me by 8 seconds on the 5K.  Wink

2013 Goals:

Docket_Rocket

Great job, bpink!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

bpink, congrats on beating your goal.

I did 5 miles this morning at a nice easy pace. Legs were a bit stiff at first, but loosened up after a couple miles.

Snickers1230

Awesome job bpink!

I'm hoping to get in an easy few miles tonight.  But I'll probably be working late so we'll see how it goes...

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Zelanie

Awesome, bpink!  I have another 5K this weekend too. Smile   Do you have any coming up?

bpink76

Zelanie - loved your RR.  Nope I don't have anything until March St. Patrick's Day 5K.  I am just working on building my weekly mileage for a while.  Smile

2013 Goals:

Zelanie

bpink- Good luck with the mileage build.  I'm theoretically going to peak next week and then have a nice long taper before my half.