Half Marathon Trainers

October (Read 20 times)

hog4life

You have done enough races, HL, that you'll know what you can do. You'll know if you can go fast or if you need to pull up.

Thanks Meg, I really need a boost of confidence right now. I really have never had intention of "racing" a full, but just want a good run/experience. All the calculators say I can go sub 4 but I know my training will not support that.

hog4life

BOOM!! 4:13:47

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Awesome! Nice work, HL! How are you feeling tonight?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Alberto 1973

I'm aiming to run my first half Marathon on December 2015. That it is exactly after one year and half I started to run.

I only hope to finish my first HM, it would be a great success for me. Then, if God wants, it would be better finish between 1 hour 50 min and 2 hours

hog4life

Meg, Sunday night was okay because I did plenty of walking around. Tonight(Mon), is a different story. I spent about 10 hours in the car driving home, and now they are extremely sore. I plan to walk some tomorrow and try a recovery jog.

Alberto, welcome to this group. The half marathon is my favorite distance.

Alberto 1973

I Hog4life from Sardinia Italy!

Yesterday I ran for 12 Kilometers in 59 minutes! I'm very happy .., but i think that it would be a nice idea for me to have some good advice!

I go fast for the first five Km, 4 min and 50 sec for Km, then for other 3 Km, 5 minute for Km.

I think that for my training I will have to concentrate myself for the long distance

Today or Tomorrow I run for other 12 Kilometres, Saturday morning I run for 16 Km.

What do think about this program?

hog4life

Alberto, couple things. It will help to make your log visible so we can glance at what you're doing. One thing I can suggest based on the limited information is that it appears you need to slow down a bit, especially doing the longer runs.

erinr

Nice job, hog4life!  Hope your recovery's going well.

Welcome, Alberto!  I've always wanted to visit Sardinia.  You guys have great wine, though it's hard to find in the States Smile  I agree about slowing down on your runs.  My most recent half marathon was just under 1:50, and almost all of my running is done around a 9:20-9:30 min/mi pace.  The easy pace is where you build your aerobic base that lets you go faster longer in races.

I've just been plugging along, getting in miles.  I'm 17.7 miles behind the pace bunny for 1,000 miles this year.  I've felt great on my runs this week.  Just got back from one of those runs where it just feels like everything's working right and your body can do whatever you want it to do.  Those are the runs that make me love running Smile

Welcome Alberto, half marathon is my favorite distance too...

Mitch - great job on the marathon, I hope the soreness is washing away. Do you have a winter training plan or are you planning on a rest?

Happy friday, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

A, the winters here in Alabama are quite mild compared to the folks up north. We have only a few snows per year, temps seldom stay below freezing for very long. Don't get me wrong, it gets cold here, just a different kind of cold. My soreness is much better after a week, I've taken a few walks and done a couple short runs. I have a big winter of racing coming up, we'll it won't really be racing, but more just slogging some miles. I hope to maintain 40+ miles per week. There's a big 10 week challenge here called the Huntsville Grand Slam, it's 119.2 miles over 10 weeks.

Dizzy Fifty 50k- Nov 21

Rocket City Marathon - Dec 12

Recover From the Holidays 50k - Dec 31

Mountain Mist 50k - Jan 21

I've got a 5k on Sat morning with the Angels, then another half on the 31st with the Angels. I hope to go sub 2 pushing the stroller!!

hog4life

8 miles in the drizzling rain. I have another half this weekend where I'll be pushing with Ainsley's Angels. I have only pushed one half and it was a 2:13 I think. I might be a little ambitious about it, but I want to try for a sub 2 while pushing. We have a small logistical issue though, we have 8 riders for this and not enough runners to help carry the load. I will most likely be pushing solo which will make it much harder. The course is mostly flat, but has a few rollers.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

First dreadmill run of the season. It was hovering just above freezing most of the day, but raining/sleet and wind in the 40 gusting to 50s kph lousiness. Yuck! It was bitter and I just haven't hardened up yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful we don't have a foot of snow on the ground already. It take time to switch over mentally. Forecast for flurries tonight and tomorrow. Then it's supposed to melt and be in the low teens (*C) or mid 50s (*F) for Halloween. Here's hoping for a good chunk of mileage this weekend.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

From the Internet.

I'm anticipating the first dreadmill run of the season tomorrow morning  Planning for 8 with some kind of tempo or progression component and I'd much rather do it outside, but it's going to be rainy with a chance of thunderstorms, dark for the first hour I need to be out, and my new headlamp hasn't arrived yet (the one I have currently is not meant for running - heavy and uncomfortable and not all that much brighter than just running in the dark). I'll take one day of the 'mill over that.

Ah Alabama weather... its dark and cold around 0*C most mornings now here. I dont wear a headlamp as I'm running in the city and its well lit (it will be even better when the leaves fall). Today its warm and starting to rain - its my "rest" day - doing a bit of early morning laptop work before the office

I'm running less now, a little rehab through cross training. One day spin class and I'll start a day of rowing and core work. 2 or 3 days running. Hamstring is getting better so now I want to strengthen everything around it to prep for spring training.

Happy ThursdayA

Recalculating...