Half Marathon Trainers

HMT June 2012. (Read 438 times)

Personal news, not running related- I now have a grandaughter- she has three older brothers to look after her.

Glad you have solved the problem, Happy Feat, a simple solution is always a good solution.

Have a good weekend all!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

an amazing likeness

clap clap clap

Congratulations Simon!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Ran 10k today in a nice cool breeze, slow warm up then a combination of short fast striders and longer tempo segments with a cool down at the end.

I am trying to get back to being more comfortable with running faster and changing pace, both useful for a 5k race in mid August.

Hope its good running weather where you guys are.

vegefrog

Congrats Simon!!

Here in Charleston the weather has been mild, had a great little jog tonight in 74 degrees. The heat is coming though!!

Next week I am going home to Little Rock and it is going to be over 100 every...single....day. I am not sure I will get even one run in...I can't run in that. No way, no how.

Wow, that's hot, can you find a treadmill in the air conditioned gym?

vegefrog

Not really, LOL.

My mom lives about 45 minutes outside of LR, on a 100 acre ranch. I'll be riding horses and walking and being active, but not running. Unless I get up at the crack of dawn...but it's vacation and the beers on the creek at night will most likely keep me from waking up early enough to get a run in Wink

I am doing a 4th of July 5K in town on Wed, but I'm going to jog that with my sister. I'm not attempting to race in those temperatures.

I'm not too worried about it. My base has slipped WAY below where it needs to be right now anyway. I'm being a total slacker, averaging only a few 3 milers a week right now. After this vacation it will be time to come back, hit the pavement and get my head right!!!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Congrats Simon! Smile

Training is going fairly well, I think, despite a bit of an off week this week. One run got considerably faster in the second half as I tried to get home as fast as possible when there suddenly was lightning. Next run legs felt shredded as a result so I skipped my hill workout in favour of easy. Today's was better although feeling pretty happy it's a rest day tomorrow. I'm getting the miles in and mostly feeling strong. I'm doing a ten miler this weekend. Last year, my base was lower and I didn't tackle a ten until August for my September race. That's got to be good for this year. Smile

Careful in that heat, folks. If you can't run early to beat it, make sure you are hydrating well. And sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

HappyFeat

You're doing Super, Meg!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Don't know about the rest of you...but this half marathon trainer is glad to see June fade into the rear-view. Good riddance to a month which featured 2 weeks off trying to recovery from two injuries and my personal worst half marathon time.

Reviewing my log for the month....

- ran less then 120 miles = lowest month since early 2010; 

- ran 2 half marathons and what difference between the two = one was 10 minutes slower than the other.

- logged a 10 mile run in 84F temps...which is not notable for many of you, but will probably be my high temp for the year, and it was in June!

Good riddance June...good riddance.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

vegefrog

It's so, so freaking hot. And Humid. I ran this morning a measily 4 miles and it SUCKED the whole way. I love my summer beach and pool days, but come on Fall!!!!

Anyone else's training getting affected by heat? Or am I the only wuss who lets it stop me from running all the miles I should be running...

It's so, so freaking hot. And Humid. I ran this morning a measily 4 miles and it SUCKED the whole way. I love my summer beach and pool days, but come on Fall!!!!

Anyone else's training getting affected by heat? Or am I the only wuss who lets it stop me from running all the miles I should be running...

Yep. And I live a good 10 degrees north of you.

All I can say is, if I ever do decide to do a marathon after the one in October, it probably won't be a fall one. Training through the summer is tough. Woke up to start my long run Sat. at 5:15 to beat the heat. Can't beat the humidity though. By mile 9 every step was squishy. Cut the run short a mile as it just wasn't worth it.

Have a 1 mile track race tomorrow night. Promising 93 degrees and 70 degree dew point! Yeah! (It'll still be fun though, first time ever racing on a track).

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          vegefrog

Have a 1 mile track race tomorrow night. Promising 93 degrees and 70 degree dew point! Yeah! (It'll still be fun though, first time ever racing on a track).

Sounds like fun!!!! Hopefully the thrill of being on the track will keep your mind of the heat and humidity Wink

It's just so depressing to be huffing and puffing on a 4 mile slow jog, LOL. I suppose all this summer slogging will make us stronger and it will for sure make me appreciate the crisp, cool 60 degree days in the winter!!!

With you on the heat, Vege. I have done a few bike rides recently as the "speed" creates a bit of a breeze.

Actually, the last few days have mercifully been below 30 degrees C, or 86F.

Going back up today.

At work I was introduced to a customer who is a high level triathlete. In June he did a half Ironman, swimming 1.2 miles across a lake, cycling 56 miles then running a half marathon. He completed the run in 1:38Tight lippedx- this is a guy aged 56! I found that very impressive, though it must be said his training schedule was not something I would want to maintain.

Like the new avatar Milk Truck, does it reflect a particular interest?

"This is not something we do because it is easy, this is something we do because it is hard" JFK talking about going to the moon. Possibly not quite an accurate quote, but conveys his meaning.

vegefrog

http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2100

This is the race I've been waiting for all summer! I've put in my laps and it's just a 5K (albeit in the sand). I'm hoping to place in the top 3 overall women, if not #1 Smile

I practiced the swim last weekend and it was FANTASTIC! The swim goes with the current so if feels like you are flying. Of course the ocean could completely throw something different at us this weekend so who knows.

The run is out and back and all in the sand, so it won't be a PR but I'm still hoping to get it under 26 minutes. I want my total finish time to be under 40.

Wish me luck and I'll let y'all know how it goes Smile