Half Marathon Trainers

December! It's December! (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

Wow Zelanie. That's a lot of running. I've never run that much in a week. Congratulations to you for all that mileage!

Eric it's been cold for me too, minus 15C today. Only warm when I have commitments and no free time!

Zelanie that is fantastic mileage- well done!

Happy new year to you all!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  SRD yesterday as I had to take another ill kitty to the vet.  Today, we'll see if I have time to run.  I have to feed the two ill kitties (forced feeding) and we are going to a party, so all I might want (since 2013 has been a wash year for me) is to get ready, do my hair, wear makeup and drink.  If I have time, I'll go out for a 5 miler; if not, there is always tomorrow.

Weatherwise, Miami is still in Summer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

an amazing likeness

Well...that's a wrap on 2013 for me with 4.5 miles in 4F.  So what's it all add up to...2,095mi in 320 runs.

I've run in locales from the Pacific west coast (San Francisco) to Atlantic east coast (Cape Cod) and in between (Des Moines); I've run in temps from -4F to 90F; I've run in snow, sleet, rain, fog and resorted to the treadmill when needed to keep miles up.

It's been a year of constant pain nursing 2 ruptured hamstrings that knocked me out for nearly two months.

Unlike many of you, my longest run in 2013 was just 14 miles....my broken neck from 2009 wont let me run longer often...but from those middle distance runs comes volume and quality; leading to a 10K lifetime PR, and 6 half marathons under 1:45 to 1:38. Missed my half marathon PR by 7 seconds...sigh, had I only known it was that close, I could have found 7 seconds.

For 2014, I'm going to try and set a new 10mi PR, a new marathon PR, and get my half marathon down to 1:37...I'm 53 years old, and time is not on my side, so we'll see.

In closing, I send a very heartfelt Thank You to the folks who joined RA and landed here -- it's been great getting to know you, and watch you tackle goals for the year. Looks like we also lost some long time members of HMT this year as they moved on to other groups or new life challenges...and I miss their presence, wisdom and advice.

Happy New Year!  Tomorrow all the counters reset to 0, and it's time to start again.....so off we go.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.