Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - April 19. 20 & 21 (Read 15 times)

hog4life

buck, congrats on finishing. Even though you didn't hit your goal, it sounds like a great race. I was real close to pulling the plug on this one, but had some life stuff get in the way. I definitely want to do it next year.

an amazing likeness

Superbunny -- Solid 5K, nice. Really...there's no need for a selection of cookies, chocolate chip is the uber cookie!

Buckindb -- PR! Don't ever look askance at a PR, you ran it, you earned it. Start training now for that 2:15 goal. But really it was great to hear how much you enjoyed that race, that's special when you hit one that leaves you loving the run itself -- they're rare, and uplifting for a long time.

I pasted a 36:14 at my 5 mile race today, a 41 second PR for 5 miles. Had a couple good opening splits, then faded badly in the 3-4 mile split, off by about 30 secs as we turned into a stiff wind, climbed a hill and was held up a bit on a narrow bridge sidewalk section. Gathered it back up for the last mile for a better spit. This race is usually sort of funky day -- work in the morning, then downtown for a noon start to the race, then back to the office; it's all part of the tradition and charm.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Buck!

Congrats, milktruck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

lsp

Lump Off

buck - i want to do that race...and I'm not too far away...

Cyberic

Congratulations everyone on the nice racing.

Buck, it's great that you enjoyed the race, the view and all.

Superbunny, nice even splits with a little gain in speed as the race went on. Great pacing I would say.

Milktruck, 41 second PR... that's great!

Tara, 3:27, that's a great time, fast! How did you do in your AG? I just remembered this is Boston, most people are fast there, so maybe that time didn't get you a great rank, but it's still a great time.

Zelanie

Great racing, Tara, milktruck, and Buckin!  Nice PRs for milktruck and buckin, and Tara did awesome on a shortened training schedule!

Hi all  - just popping in to tell you know I am alive :-)  I made it through boston in 3:27:13 - and here is the race report if anyone is interested:

Boston 2014 Race Report

I'll be back to read and write more later - i need coffee and it's going to take a while to descend the stairs...dear lord my quads are shredded.

Tara

Ready, go.

Cyberic

Tara, just read your race report and it is very nice. The way you describe it, the infamous wall is really something. Running through it sounds crazy.

NIce PR's MT and Buck.

Tara sounds like you killed it!  Great report and such perserverance to finish and be strong.  and a BQ for next year,e ven better. Woohoo!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

hog4life

Tara, your RR was amazing. And I will have you say, the way you finished those last few miles, truly shows the heart and strong will power you have. Good luck next year!