Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Nov 2 & 3 (Read 13 times)

an amazing likeness

Whirlwind day, so just a quick drive-by post to put this up as a quick placeholder for this week's intrepid racers topic....I'll be back to update a bit later in the day....

Welcome to November!  Our race calendar is getting a bit sparse as the 2013 racing season starts to wind down a bit. Those running later in the season are rewarded with cooler temps and reap the benefit of added miles of training...but can add starting in the dark, and the risk blustery fall winds and weather to the mix of race-day variables.

Vegefrog rocked this same 10K last year while deep into her marathon training, and I remember something about lots of beer at the finish. I’ll bet this year feels just as good, even if slower…comeback is every so sweet.

I'll be heading back over to the hills of western Maine for the second running of a half marathon that started last year. It was an unexpected gem, and I’m worried that it’s been discovered by western ME and NH runners and will lose some charm of the inaugural.

BostonRnr joins the hoards in the NY city marathon. They've got a topic running in the main forum and looks like a good size collection of RA runners are in the mix.

Nov 2 MilkTruck Moose Pond Half 13.1 mi Bridgton, ME
    Nov 2 vegefrog James Island Connector Run 10K Charleston, SC
    Nov 3 BostonRnr New York City Marathon 26.2 mi New York, NY

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

Good luck peeps!

Im running a 10k, followed by a 5k where I'll be a pacer. They got me doing sub 30. I hope to do 52 in the 10k

Good luck to those that are racing this weekend.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

an amazing likeness

I think last year before running the Moose Pond half marathon, I posted that I expected it to be rolly-polly.  This year I know what to expect...this is not a PR course:

Just have to be certain to run hard enough to beat the guy running in the moose outfit. He told me after the race that the back legs flopped around too much and kept hitting his calfs, so updates to the outfit were needed. Can't wait to see if he's there tomorrow.

Cyberic

Good luck peeps!

Im running a 10k, followed by a 5k where I'll be a pacer. They got me doing sub 30. I hope to do 52 in the 10k

A pacer... never thought about that. Maybe when my kids are older and I get my own life back I can become a pacer. I love running but don't like to race often. Being a pacer sure sounds like a good idea.

Oh and good luck on the 10K, and milktruck on the HM.

hog4life

A pacer... never thought about that. Maybe when my kids are older and I get my own life back I can become a pacer. I love running but don't like to race often. Being a pacer sure sounds like a good idea.

Oh and good luck on the 10K, and milktruck on the HM.

It is a very rewarding experience, you basically cruise at your easy pace, and pace someone to their best pace. I have a pic somewhere, I'll post it later, I'm smiling, my friend's about to puke! Priceless.

Zelanie

Good luck, racers! MilkTruck, you've got to beat that moose!

an amazing likeness

Thank goodness, I did beat the moose. Whew! Double whew!

Good luck, racers! MilkTruck, you've got to beat that moose!

Ran a 1:43:12 on a stunning fall day -- brilliant sunshine and temps almost too warm at 55F. This is a kick-ass race, becoming a favorite...but the course is one tough son of a gun. I'll be hurting tomorrow.  I'll update this with a bit more info later, have to go rake some before the sun sets.